REO Speedwagon, Sara Evans and A Thousand Horses, June 22 at Breese

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

REO Speedwagon, Sara Evans and A Thousand Horses, June 22 at Breese

Postby Shorty » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 am

Breese Stevens Field, 917 E. Mifflin St., Madison
PHONE 608-246-4277
Jun 22, 2018 5:30 PM

https://isthmus.com/events/reo-speedwag ... nd-horses/

"The Mallards are excited to partner with Breese Stevens Field and American Family Insurance Championship to welcome REO SPEEDWAGON with Guests Sara Evans and A Thousand Horses. Tickets for the concert go on sale Friday, March 23 at 10:00 AM. Tickets will be available online, by calling the Mallards Office (608-246-4277), or in-person at the Mallards Ticket Office. This concert is part of the American Family Insurance Championship Weekend. Check out all the information about the tournament here. Golf tickets are on sale now.

General Admission – $40.00 Field level behind Chalmers Jewelers Diamond Ring. No lawn chairs allowed. Blankets can be placed at the 50 yard line and back from the stage. Seating is available under the covered grandstand along Paterson St. on a first come, first served basis. No reserved seats. The entire field level general admission is handicap accessible. Simply purchase a GA ticket.

Chalmers Jewelers Diamond Ring General Admission – $75.00 Formerly known as Gold Circle. Standing Room Only, located closest to the stage

Chalmers Jewelers Diamond Ring General Admission PLUS GOLF – $85.00 Get a Diamond Ring ticket plus valid any one day golf tournament ticket

General Admission PLUS GOLF – $50.00 General Admission ticket plus any one day golf tournament ticket"

https://breesestevensfield.com/reo-speedwagon/

"PERMITTED ITEMS
• Non-professional and disposable cameras
• Small Backpacks, small purses and fanny packs
• Blankets (only in designated area on the back half of the field)
• Strollers

PROHIBITED ITEMS (Including but not limited to)
• Lawn Chairs
• Food & Beverages
• Balloons, Flag poles, Tables, any items to stake into the field
• Chains
• Coolers, Glass Bottles, Cans, Thermoses
• Large Bags, Backpacks, Briefcases
• Pets (only service animals are permitted)
• Professional cameras, Tripods, Video Cameras, Recording Devices
• Umbrellas
• Athletic gear
• Any item deemed by management to be dangerous or inappropriate
• Smoking and E-cigs are not allowed within Breese Stevens Field. There will be designated smoking and e-cig areas.

FAQ’s
1. Are any food or beverage carry-ins permitted?
One factory sealed water bottle per person will be allowed, no other food or beverage will be allowed inside the stadium.

2. Are dogs allowed inside the stadium? No. Exception is service animals.

3. Are chairs allowed inside the stadium?
No, chairs, stools, and stadium seats will not be allowed. Blankets are encouraged.

4. Can elderly or injured bring in chairs? This is judged on a case by case situation.

5. Are umbrellas allowed inside the stadium? No.

6. Are bikes allowed inside the stadium?
No, bikes must be parked outside of the stadium, bike parking will be available on Paterson Street.

7. Are there assigned seats?
No, seating is first come first serve basis, regardless of what it says on your ticket. There are no official assigned seats.

8. Are wheelchairs allowed inside the stadium? Yes.

9. Where is a handicap accessible ramp to get into the stadium seats?
Right next to gate 4 there is a handicap accessible ramp.

10. Where are the restrooms located?
In the stands to the right of gate 4 there are two entrances to the bathrooms. One will be a ramp directly underneath the light pole next to gate 4, the other is a stairway to the right of the ramped entrance.

11. Are ATMs available? Yes.

12. Are credit cards accepted?
Credit cards will be accepted at all food stands. Beer stands and kiosks will be cash only.

13. What time does the concert end? The concert concludes at 10:00pm

14. Is smoking permitted inside the stadium? Vaping?
No, smoking and vaping will not be allowed inside the stadium. A smoking corral will be available outside of gate 3.

15. Will the concert go on if it rains? The concert will continue rain or shine.

16. Do children need a ticket?
Infants in arms do not need a ticket. All other children will need to have a ticket."

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Re: REO Speedwagon, Sara Evans and A Thousand Horses, June 22 at Breese

Postby chainsawcurtis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:42 am

I know nothing about Breese Field. For $40 you have to either stand or lay down on a blanket. Will the target market (I'm assuming it's boomers. Maybe I'm wrong there) go for this?

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:51 am

Seating is available under the covered grandstand along Paterson St. on a first come, first served basis.

I took this to mean that those seats were all available. But does that mean that those seats along E Mifflin are not?

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby chainsawcurtis » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:04 am

jman111 wrote:
Seating is available under the covered grandstand along Paterson St. on a first come, first served basis.

I took this to mean that those seats were all available. But does that mean that those seats along E Mifflin are not?

I didn't catch this. My bad. Sorry. Still - $40 for REO. I can only imagine what a beer costs there. LOL!

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:01 am

I can't fight the feeling that I'll be there. Hope the audience isn't filled with tough guys.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 am

chainsawcurtis wrote:Still - $40 for REO.

But you get Sara Evans and A Thousand Horses, too. They may be worth $40 themselves.

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:04 pm

As someone that has seen REO many times, I seriously doubt I will be attending. My musical tastes now have generated very odd price points for me - The ones I would spend $150 to see only charge $20, and the ones I would happily see for $20 charge $200. Metallica is an excellent example. Have seen them a couple times, but am not going to pay the prices to see them at the Kohl Center unless they bring Dave Mustaine back and do all of their first album.

Would happily see what is left of REO if they were at Summerfest though.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Park a camper outside of Breese on East Wash, put a chair on the roof, and spend the money saved on beer and brats. That's my plan if I get the camper finished in time.

REO was my first concert (1979). Rick Derringer opened. Coincidentally, Lakeside Ralph was at the same concert.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 pm

"Ridin' the Storm Out" REO or "Keep on Loving You" REO?

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:17 am

Ridin' the Stormy Out... a couple years before they sold out to a pop-ier sound.

Flying Turkey Trot, Time For Me to Fly, Roll With the Changes, Golden Country... The Coliseum was like being inside a giant bong. A girl in a blue & white striped sailor shirt puked purple on the walkway, & shortly after a guy wiped out in it. A cop with a smile on his face confiscated a bong from a young dude a couple rows right in front of us. No ticket. Let him stay and watch the show. The 70s... Yeah baby! Yeah!

Return to “Madison Music”