Guitar repairs done in Madison's West Side

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Sleepy

Guitar repairs done in Madison's West Side

Postby Sleepy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:27 am

I used to see the guitar doctor at Spruce Tree Music, but now that I live in Cross Plains and have some health issues, I can't make it to the East Side anymore. Is there another place that does guitar adjustments and repairs closer to where I live? I've had too many bad experiences at Guitar Center, which in now in Middleton, to go there again.

Thanks.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Guitar repairs done in Madison's West Side

Postby david cohen » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:42 am

You might want to try the shop (forget name off the top of my head, nice folks though) at Seminole Hwy and the Beltline if you need work done on an acoustic and simply can't drive the extra few miles to the east side...We have about 18 various acoustic and (mostly) electric instruments and the Guitar Shop of Wisconsin, now located next to MATC, has expertly serviced them for the last 15 years.

npler
Forum Addict

Postby npler » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 pm

What exactly happened at the Guitar Center? One repair I had done a year or so ago took longer than expected, but it was well-executed.

Sleepy

Postby Sleepy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for your responses. I took it to Heid Music, located on Tree Lane. They improved the playability of my new guitar beyond what I thought possible, and they did it in two days. The price was reasonable, and the employees were so friendly it almost depressed me to leave the store. Look them up online and find a reason to go there.

NPLER, I have several personal Guitar Center horror stories to tell, but I'm no Stephen King.

Return to “Madison Music”