Boston at Breese Stevens Field, May 26

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Boston at Breese Stevens Field, May 26

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Boston drummer: DEAD!

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am

Headlines say ex-Boston drummer. I presume their tour will go on.

Ex-Boston Drummer Sib Hashian Dead After Collapsing on Cruise Ship
https://www.yahoo.com/music/ex-boston-d ... 54462.html

"Former Boston drummer Sib Hashian has died, TMZ reports. According to his son, Hashian was performing on stage at the Legends of Rock Cruise when he collapsed and died. He was 67 years old."

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Shorty wrote:Headlines say ex-Boston drummer. I presume their tour will go on.

Boston at this point is Tom Scholz and whoever he hires. The legal history around him and the former members of Boston is quite interesting. Brad Delp's ex-girlfriend even said she thought that pressure from Scholz was a contributing factor to Delp's suicide. Of course Scholz immediately sued her and the newspaper that published the story.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu May 11, 2017 6:45 pm

1st concert, REO Speedwagon with Rick Derringer opening, at the Coliseum in 1979.

I remember paying $6 to see Cheap Trick in LaCrosse in 1982 with forgettable bands Krokus & Saxon opening.

Everclear, Jimmie's Chicken Shack, Feeder at the Hollywood Theater in Lax for $12 in 1998.

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Thu May 11, 2017 7:20 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:I remember paying $6 to see Cheap Trick in LaCrosse in 1982 with forgettable bands Krokus & Saxon opening.

The following songs will do absolutely nothing to change your mind, but I like them anywyay...

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat May 13, 2017 12:07 pm

I didn't like hair metal bands then, except a little Ozzy with Randy Rhoads. But compared to today's music, yeah, they're not too bad. At least it's music that they put everything they had into it and even went on tour, etc. instead of today's junk with drum machines, tape loops and that kind of stuff.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri May 26, 2017 2:48 pm

From FB:

"Don't worry everyone! The rain is supposed to stop just in time at 6:00 today!
Some questions that have come up and some answers to them:
1. If it is raining will the show continue?
A: Yes! This is a rain or shine concert folks! Our field is turf so there will be no muddy grass issues and no puddles.

2. Can we bring in umbrellas?
A: No, unfortunately not. Please feel free to bring rain jackets or ponchos, and feel free to hang out under the canopy over the west stadium seating if getting wet isn't in your agenda.

3. What time can we pick up our tickets for will call?
A: Tickets can be picked up anytime, the box office is currently open.

4. Where is the box office?
A: Our box office is located at the field, at gate 4, which is at the corner of East Mifflin Street and Paterson Street.

5. Are tickets still available?
A: Yes. You can either buy them online through ticketmaster or walk up to our box office.

6. Can we bring our tickets on our phones and scan them that way?
A: Yes.

7. Is there seating at the field?
A: Yes, all of our bleachers facing the field are seats available for general admission and are available on a first come first serve basis. There are no seats down on the field.

8. Can we bring our own chairs?
A: Unfortunately no, but we encourage everyone to bring a blanket to set down on the field and sit on, or utilize our bleacher seats.

9. What time does Boston come on?
A: We never know how long SIMO will play or when Boston will decide to take the stage, however SIMO will start at 6:30 and there is a cut off time of 10:00pm.

10. Can we bring food or drinks into the concert?
A: One factory sealed water bottle per person will be allowed into the stadium."

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat May 27, 2017 12:32 am

... I thought it was awesome. Tommy DeCarlo definitely channeled Brad Delp. And with Tom Schulz's perfectionist obsession, the sound was great. I was surprised to see a couple hundred people leave between 9:30-9:50... But wow! Good to see & hear... like pushing the button on a Time Machine...

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Sat May 27, 2017 2:55 pm

The people leaving may have been going to the High Noon for the SIMO after show. Free admission with a Boston ticket stub.
I was happy with my decision to go back in time at Brat Fest with Funkadelic/Parliament. Never saw James Brown or Sly Stone but felt lucky to still have a chance to see George Clinton. What a booty shaking party. Free your mind and your ass will follow indeed.

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sat May 27, 2017 4:49 pm

mifflander wrote:The people leaving may have been going to the High Noon for the SIMO after show. Free admission with a Boston ticket stub.
I was happy with my decision to go back in time at Brat Fest with Funkadelic/Parliament. Never saw James Brown or Sly Stone but felt lucky to still have a chance to see George Clinton. What a booty shaking party. Free your mind and your ass will follow indeed.

Great show, although George is more or less a spectator at this point.

Return to “Madison Music”