The Globe

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

The Globe

Postby Beaver » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 am

Trying to offer too much variety? It's hard to believe they can do a good job of food that different. I will have to go and find out.

Take an inexpensive trip around The Globe, you won't be sorry
https://madison.com/wsj/entertainment/d ... 3BEF2C94B1

"Besides Tibetan, Nepali, Indian and Korean food, Malla offers Japanese, Chinese, Mexican food and a New Orleans jambalaya.

Restaurant: The Globe
Phone: 608-640-4435
Hours: Monday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Closed Sunday. In summer, the restaurant will be open late night, until 3 a.m.

Prices: Small plates $3 to $11, sandwiches $7 ($9 with fries), soup $3 and $5, entrées $8 to $14.
Noise level: Medium because of music
Credit cards: Accepted
Accessibility: Small steps in front
Drinks: No alcohol. Hoping to get a liquor license by summer.
Gluten-free: Many options
Vegetarian offerings: About 75 percent of menu is vegan
Kids menu: No, but can accommodate
Reservations: No
Parking: Street
Service: Excellent

Bottom line: Can't decide what you're in the mood for? Visit The Globe."

kissyfish
Forum Addict

Re: The Globe

Postby kissyfish » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 am

After reading the good review in the WSJ/Cap-Times, I was very interested in going to check this place out.

Saturday morning I called to see if they could accommodate my family of 5 in a half an hour from the call.

(they dont take reservations to my knowledge, but after the heavy snow I was hoping it might be slow and have room).

The gentleman confirmed we could and we drove down right away.

We were not disappointed. I had the kimche fried rice which I got as a spice level of 3. It was absolutely tasty, though I should have asked for a 4, or some hot sauce on the side. My wife and daughter got a bento box which also great.

My son had the tic-tac curry which he said was very good, but he was expecting more of a chicken tikka masala (which is his favourite meal), and this was more of nod towards the original. He is going to try the Korean BBQ next time.

My 3 year old daughter enjoyed her Lassie and edamame.

Also, before the meal we had tibetan dumplings, veggie and chicken, both were GREAT! As were the two soups we tried. I preferred the curry cauliflower to the 15 bean, but would be quite happy with wither.

This will certainly be added to our list of go-tos for a good meal (along with ElJalepeno, where we have been going regularly for years)

kissyfish
Forum Addict

Re: The Globe

Postby kissyfish » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:25 am

After reading the good review in the WSJ/Cap-Times, I was very interested in going to check this place out.

Saturday morning I called to see if they could accommodate my family of 5 in a half an hour from the call.

(they dont take reservations to my knowledge, but after the heavy snow I was hoping it might be slow and have room).

The gentleman confirmed we could and we drove down right away.

We were not disappointed. I had the kimche fried rice which I got as a spice level of 3. It was absolutely tasty, though I should have asked for a 4, or some hot sauce on the side. My wife and daughter got a bento box which also great.

My son had the tic-tac curry which he said was very good, but he was expecting more of a chicken tikka masala (which is his favourite meal), and this was more of nod towards the original. He is going to try the Korean BBQ next time.

My 3 year old daughter enjoyed her Lassie and edamame.

Also, before the meal we had tibetan dumplings, veggie and chicken, both were GREAT! As were the two soups we tried. I preferred the curry cauliflower to the 15 bean, but would be quite happy with wither.

This will certainly be added to our list of go-tos for a good meal (along with ElJalepeno, where we have been going regularly for years)

Return to “Restaurant News & Reviews”