PF Chang's closing

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

PF Chang's closing

Postby Shorty » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:27 am

The flood was good in one way.

P.F. Chang's in Middleton to close permanently due to flood damage
https://www.channel3000.com/news/crime/ ... /790489386

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: PF Chang's closing

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:57 am

Restaurants are begging to hire new help. At least those laid off because of the closing will have many opportunities for new jobs.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:14 pm

maybe i'm not thinking of the right place but where did the flood water come from?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Chang's is near Costco Middleton where the bad flood was on Aug 20.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 pm

gozer wrote:maybe i'm not thinking of the right place but where did the flood water come from?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say "the sky".

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:11 am

gargantua wrote:
gozer wrote:maybe i'm not thinking of the right place but where did the flood water come from?

i figured as much, but is there a watercourse there which overflowed, or was this the "urban" in "urban & small stream flooding" and so forth? of course, given that the neighbourhood was right in the 13 inch/325 mm bullseye that night it could have been that plus standing water in nearby land just overflowing and covering everything . . . such as that which closed part of state road 23 during the 2008 flooding . . .

i think that is not too far from the third of the ponds including tiedemann's and stricker's; it is called either townsend or coughlin's pond . . .so it would have been the former two which briefly merged during the flooding which also covered gammon road . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Well, I have seen some remnants of marshland in the area, and it is really flat. Most of it is paved over, so I think it was, as you speculate, just a case of too much water and nowhere for it to go.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:03 am

Shorty wrote:The flood was good in one way.

P.F. Chang's in Middleton to close permanently due to flood damage
https://www.channel3000.com/news/crime/ ... /790489386

it is good why?

in any case, is that all she wrote, so to speak? any attempt to find the higher ground and re-locate? as far as i know there is not an east side location and the nearest one is either the north side of chicago or the 76th street area of milwaukee and environs . . .

people
keep on eating
the rain
keeps repeating
the storm drains
take another beating
and it won't be too long . . .

john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:08 pm

"let's drain the swamp and build Costco on it"

I normally try not to bag on restaurants, but I can inner-justify man vs. Corp.

Somehow my Parents got sold on PF Chang's in some city somewhere. Average at best Chinese food at astronomical prices.I have been to different ones maybe 10 times total.

I have been through Middleton a few times lately and I think that part of town is ripe to mirror what is going on on E Wash. There are a surprising lot of young hipsters about with money. However, the Mexican place has remained empty for some time. Quaker State gave up (are wings done?)

I think the right places and concepts could make bank. That area gets a tons of traffic. Costco is busy all day, every day.

I don't get the country for that what used to be Sprecher and hamburger place for Quaker. What if more West Coast v Indiana.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:45 am

all the new building along 51 where it intersects with state road 138 in town of dunn-town of rutland-stoughton . . . the same type of area i think; marsh, ponds in the area, rolling to flat.

i went into the wal-mart that just opened the other day looking for beverages at a lower price than offered at petrol stations; mission accomplished, and i wondered two things -- one, why is wal-mart steering away from human-sized architecture? i was thinking maybe someone had been channeling albert speer when the plans were being drawn up . . . secondly -- why are they doing eye exams in the liquor store?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 am

john_titor wrote:"let's drain the swamp and build Costco on it"

that's what they meant by "drain the swamp?" . . .

I normally try not to bag on restaurants, but I can inner-justify man vs. Corp.

Somehow my Parents got sold on PF Chang's in some city somewhere. Average at best Chinese food at astronomical prices.I have been to different ones maybe 10 times total.

I have been through Middleton a few times lately and I think that part of town is ripe to mirror what is going on on E Wash. There are a surprising lot of young hipsters about with money. However, the Mexican place has remained empty for some time. Quaker State gave up (are wings done?)

I think the right places and concepts could make bank. That area gets a tons of traffic. Costco is busy all day, every day.

I don't get the country for that what used to be Sprecher and hamburger place for Quaker. What if more West Coast v Indiana.

it seems there are loads of places which open up around there (along and some number of metres either side of deming way) and close after what seems like not a long time, or otherwise quite surprisingly . . . i have wondered if it may be related to business cycles related to the firms around there which disgorge large numbers of folks at lunch time looking for something to eat and/or plan shit, or maybe it is the same restaurant owners trying one thing after another . . . a little while ago we were putting together a thing for the visual basic instinct v b a & unix study circle and when planning it we were talking to someone who had lived out of town for 15 years or so and she ran through four or five places before coming to one which hadn't closed . . . "all of them? just up and closed? holy cats -- what's going on down there? did they have a plague of rats that like to run across the bar when people are looking?" she said . . .

i especially liked abuelo's, the mexican place -- they had really happening hostesses and the bartenders were knowledgeable and willing to get ingredients for next time if they didn't have them -- i was thinking of asking for a cherry coke with c-jam in it so as to approximate the original pre-1903 recipe . . .

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:52 pm

gargantua wrote:

Beaver wrote:You should work in Meteorology.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:18 pm

well, with p f chang's disappearing from the local scene it looks like it is a good thing that at our house we reverse-engineered their orange chicken, better lemon chicken and honey chicken . . . now we can make the raspberry, lime, and any other citrus analogues of the orange chicken and so forth ad libitum as well as a range of vinegar-related variants . . .

Return to “Restaurant News & Reviews”