Favorite breakfast spots

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?
madgirl

Re: Favorite breakfast spots

Postby madgirl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Lawdy! Don't understand why Plaka (a/k/a Cleveland's) is not on this list. Consistently best breakfast in Madison for many years.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Plaka's does sound good. I will try it.

http://www.plakamadison.com/ct-menu-item-5
Last edited by Beaver on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 pm

Beaver wrote:I like Monty's but #1 seems high.

Back when we were first married and totally broke, we budgeted for one meal out per week, and it had to be under $20. That pretty much meant breakfast, and it was usually Monty's, where our bill was almost always $13. It was a welcome splurge, complete with bottomless not-bad coffee.

I hadn't been there in years, but for some reason I had off on a weekday morning this summer so my husband and I stopped in at Monty's and sat at the counter. Joe Krupp happened in and sat next to us. We hadn't seen him in years (he's a founding Food Fight-er, and my husband's first business was Food Fight's first non-restaurant investment) and had a great time catching up.

Figured I'd give the Krupp haters on the board a nice little frisson of disgust. :wink:

msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby msnflyer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:37 am

Heard yesterday that Brothers 3 on Fair Oaks has been sold and will be changing hands in October. Don't know who the buyer is or whether staff will be staying on after the sale. I know things will change, the toilet seat in the women's restroom should be in the top 5 of things to do.

Return to “Restaurant News & Reviews”