I Have A Food Issue God Dammit!!!

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

I Have A Food Issue God Dammit!!!

Postby Remember_Me » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 pm

So yeah... was very hungry, only food all day was a light breakfast of 2 sausage links and a small mug of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Was passing Arby's on e. Wash when all of a sudden I realized Wendy's was coming up and some hot chili sounded like music to my ears. Busted a right turn and to the menu board I went!

5 minutes later I have a bleach white bag riding shotgun and teasing my nostrils for the last 7 minutes of our journey home. Pulling into the garage I'm a hungry happy camper.

K. Home now and a quick post-parking routine to run through... scan backseat quick, quick glimpse of both visors, grab wallet from console, grab phone from right cup holder and put stereo remote in it's place, open door slowly and not all the way or hit her car, left leg out, reach over to grab chili bag, lift chili bag, watch in slow motion HORROR as bag bottom gives out at about 8 inches high and chili cup free falls, hits seat edge, and splatter bounces everywhere! !!

An hour later and I decide it's as clean as I'm gonna get it. There's still stains that will require professional attention. My back and knees are aching. I'm drenced in sweat requiring another shower. Tomato splatter on shirt, pants, and right shoe. Remote needs to be taken apart to get at sauce/grease in between buttons. And so on, and so on.

And, of course, after all that... no fucking chili for dinner!

Thanks Obama!

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Re: I Have A Food Issue God Dammit!!!

Postby Remember_Me » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh yeah.... about halfway in I decided to snap some pics. I saw what was clearly dark brown spots from what remained of the bottom of the bag. It was pretty evident to me that the bag had been sat down in probably several drops of some kind of cola or dark soda. I didn't order any kind of beverage so I know it wasn't from me. This caused the structural integrity of the bag to be compromised.

Anyone here think I have a chance to make a claim with the company to get the car professionally cleaned and detailed?

Here's just one of the photos I shot... not going to put them all on here to bore you with.

grumpybear
Forum Addict

Postby grumpybear » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:22 pm

It sucks to have white interior. I feel bad for you. Hope tomorrow is a little better.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:42 pm

grumpybear wrote:It sucks to have white interior. I feel bad for you. Hope tomorrow is a little better.

Thanks.

Yeah, the leather isn't white, it's technically called cashmere, but of course your point being that it's a very light color. It's especially light now since I just had it professionally cleaned and treated a month or so ago.

My gf arrived home about 30 mins or so ago and is out there with compressed air cans, q-tips, rags, leather, wood, carpet and other cleaners. If anyone can get it showroom quality new-looking again it's her.

She rocks

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Cool story.

You have a remote for your car stereo? I think you need to pull yourself together, son.

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Also, you took photos of the spilled chili before attempting to clean it up?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Photos show presence of mind. Still, I bet the best you can get is free chili, double bagged.

ArturoBandini
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ArturoBandini » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:06 pm

A photo of the torn bag would be much more damning, if negligence were the concern.

And in what "technical" sense is the car interior "cashmere"? Is it made from goat hair? It is "cashmere" only in a marketing-driven color-scheme sense. "Light Gray" would have sufficed.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:09 pm

I wonder if a woman would have remembered to check the bottom and hold it? After the clean-up, I'd have gone out of my way for a reward...

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:18 am

ArturoBandini wrote:You have a remote for your car stereo? I think you need to pull yourself together, son.

Huh? Not sure what you're getting at? Do you not own various remotes for your various electronics?

Yes, I took pictures. For maybe a claim purpose and also because my gf called and asked if I'd send a pic before cleaning. By the time I got back to the bag it was too late. It was shredded and completely soaked through with sauce and grease.

And yes, the manufacturer color is called "cashmere" and it's of course a marketing color name. However, blame it on my phone or less-than-stellar lighting, but it's no where near light gray in color. Not sure what color most people would call it. Here, take another shot:

Beige? Tan? Cashmere? I don't know.

However, I DO know that I like it and very much prefer it this color over tomato red.

Now if I could just find a matching remote...

msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby msnflyer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:56 am

Jeebers, you could eat off that carpet in the back seat! My car wasn't that clean when it came off the assembly line.

I could say lighten up, it's just a car. Nobody is bleeding or missing an appendage, no body shop needed. When your gf is done helping you, send her over to my house, I gots some walls that need washing!!

I've got a copycat recipe for Wendy's chili I'll send you if you want it, it's not made with aged cooked burgers. It's interesting how you don't want Wendy's chili in your car but you're willing to put it in your body. Just sayin'.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:56 am

msnflyer wrote:It's interesting how you don't want Wendy's chili in your car but you're willing to put it in your body. Just sayin'.

I've been known to say the same thing about cigarette butts but you know perfectly well that this situation doesn't fit the form.

Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Reason #4,862 I'm glad I'm not a girlfriend. Aww, heeeeelllll no.

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Violet_Skye wrote:Reason #4,862 I'm glad I'm not a girlfriend. Aww, heeeeelllll no.

So are you a wife then?

If not a wife or gf, are you at least a regular friend who would help someone in a messy situation like this?

Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:30 pm

msnflyer wrote:Jeebers, you could eat off that carpet in the back seat!

I wouldn't recommend it.

The carpeting up front however...

It was perfect for hosting Thanksgiving.

The carpet fibers really helped punch up the stuffing.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”