Art Fair Parking

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
shyguy

Art Fair Parking

Postby shyguy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:30 pm

For the first time in a while, we'll have to find public parking for the Art Fairs on and off the Square.

Anyone care to give up the location of their secret parking spot, or some other good place to find a space? We go early, don't mind paying.

Is Monona Terrace an option? I assume the other ramps around the square fill up early, and probably house the artists?

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Art Fair Parking

Postby green union terrace chair » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:35 pm

It'll be rough, so park far away and hike, bus or bCycle in.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 pm

When I lived over by Lapham School, it was a workable Art Fair parking area for those who arrived early. All day spots can be found if you follow the signage, and maybe 12-15 minutes walk to the square.

They do have parking monitors so be careful not to park in two-hour zones or where you obstruct driveways.

grumpybear

Postby grumpybear » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:58 pm

shyguy wrote:For the first time in a while, we'll have to find public parking for the Art Fairs on and off the Square.

Anyone care to give up the location of their secret parking spot, or some other good place to find a space? We go early, don't mind paying.

Is Monona Terrace an option? I assume the other ramps around the square fill up early, and probably house the artists?

If you get there early try the area by MG&E. The MGE lots might require payment but it is minimal compared to the ramps. Then all of E main is open. Be prepared for a bit of a walk.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 pm

shyguy wrote:For the first time in a while, we'll have to find public parking for the Art Fairs on and off the Square.

I parked at Monona Terrace's ramp last year, and didn't arrive particularly early.

Athena
Forum Addict

Postby Athena » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am

The Monona Terrace ramp is very convenient and seldom full. I think most people don't park there because it is more expensive than the other lots. The other good ramp is the one next to Merchant which is a lot of people forget about.

shyguy

Postby shyguy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks for the good tips. May try one of those ramps and then if necessary circle back down by MG&E/E. Main and then Lapham area.

shyguy

Postby shyguy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Just to wrap this up, we parked at Monona Terrace and there was ample ample ample parking. Couldn't have been better. $5 for the day, easy in, easy out.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm glad it worked out well. It did for us too. Thanks for letting us know.

Return to “Catch All”