Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:40 pm
Location: Studio B of the historic Abernathy Building
Contact:

Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Stu Levitan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:40 pm

One of the biggest cases of documented voter fraud in Wisconsin ever. The accused is a Republican. who avidly supports Gov. Walker and Sen. Darling. I mean, avidly.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23708
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Stu, thanks for the link. My favorite part of the report:

According to those records, Monroe was considered by investigators to be the most prolific multiple voter in memory. He was a supporter of Gov. Scott Walker and state Sen. Alberta Darling, both Republicans, and allegedly cast five ballots in the June 2012 election in which Walker survived a recall challenge.

According to the John Doe records, Monroe claimed to have a form of temporary amnesia and did not recall the election day events when confronted by investigators.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Got any examples of Dem voter fraud?.... no of course not.

Voter fraud is a bi-partisan effort.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7982
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Sandi wrote:Got any examples of Dem voter fraud?.... no of course not.

Voter fraud is a bi-partisan effort.


I believe the opponents of voter ID have been asking the same thing for a very long time. Thanks so much for agreeing with us that it's not necessary.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23708
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Sandi, how would voter ID laws have stopped him? He used his real name multiple times.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3538
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby FJD » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Sandi, how would voter ID laws have stopped him? He used his real name multiple times.


Well obviously the real issue is that partisan hack DA's are only investigating conservative voters in an effort to suppress their right to freely express their support for republican politicians. We need to reform voting rights to allow those with more exuberance (and free time) to properly support the candidates they chose as many times as they are able.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:24 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Sandi wrote:Got any examples of Dem voter fraud?.... no of course not.

Voter fraud is a bi-partisan effort.


I believe the opponents of voter ID have been asking the same thing for a very long time. Thanks so much for agreeing with us that it's not necessary.


Ah. Of course I see. As long as both sides cheat, then there is no reason to stop it.

Pfft!!

jman111
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4305
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby jman111 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Well obviously the real issue is that partisan hack DA's are only investigating conservative voters in an effort to suppress their right to freely express their support for republican politicians. We need to reform voting rights to allow those with more exuberance (and free time) to properly support the candidates they chose as many times as they are able.


"Voting IS speech!"

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 23708
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Sandi wrote:Ah. Of course I see. As long as both sides cheat, then there is no reason to stop it.

And your evidence that the side opposite yours cheated by voting multiple times is...?

Since the accused used his real name mulltiple times in the same election, how would having an picture ID helped stop him, as he looks just like his photo?

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7982
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Sandi wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:
Sandi wrote:Got any examples of Dem voter fraud?.... no of course not.

Voter fraud is a bi-partisan effort.


I believe the opponents of voter ID have been asking the same thing for a very long time. Thanks so much for agreeing with us that it's not necessary.


Ah. Of course I see. As long as both sides cheat, then there is no reason to stop it.

Pfft!!


No. No you don't see. This type of voter fraud is rare and doesn't impact the outcome of the elections. Voter ID is discriminatory and solves a problem that doesn't need fixing.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:33 pm

fisticuffs wrote: Voter ID is discriminatory and solves a problem that doesn't need fixing.


Well, whether fixing is needed, I suppose depends on whose ox is gored.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:38 pm

This is a guy who voted multiple times for Republicans and I could care less. He was caught and will be prosecuted without any type of voter ID. The fact that he voted for Walker changes nothing for me. This is so incredibly rare that there is no point in being concerned.

Also, we went as far as to drive to IN to vote. Voter ID or not, he was hell bent on voting often.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7982
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Sandi wrote:
fisticuffs wrote: Voter ID is discriminatory and solves a problem that doesn't need fixing.


Well, whether fixing is needed, I suppose depends on whose ox is gored.


No actually shockingly you are wrong yet again. It doesn't matter who's ox is gored. If an ox is being gored I support stopping that goring. In this case Sandi, there is no Ox. Instead we have a governor throwing the elderly and the poor and the young into a meat grinder all in the name of stopping a fictional ox goring.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4215
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Stebben84 wrote:This is a guy who voted multiple times for Republicans and I could care less. He was caught and will be prosecuted without any type of voter ID. The fact that he voted for Walker changes nothing for me. This is so incredibly rare that there is no point in being concerned.

Also, we went as far as to drive to IN to vote. Voter ID or not, he was hell bent on voting often.


Exactly.

No actually shockingly you are wrong yet again. It doesn't matter who's ox is gored.


Exactly, but I think my sarcastic response went over your head, because for you, it DOES matter if your ox, or the other guys is gored.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 14029
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Actual Voter Fraud, GOP-style

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Once more -- explain to me how voter ID would have stopped this guy.

What WOULD have stopped him is mail-in voting.


Return to “Local Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests