Long Websites

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Long Websites

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 pm

I hope I'm not the only one with this problem:

I like to research different topics. Sometimes I find a very long and rich site. Recently I noticed not all of them are easily turned into a word document. I can forget where I left off. I'm on Firefox. Bookmarking doesn't always help me mark where I left off. Any solutions besides just leaving the stupid thing on?

Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Long Websites

Postby Sandi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I hope I'm not the only one with this problem:

I like to research different topics. Sometimes I find a very long and rich site. Recently I noticed not all of them are easily turned into a word document. I can forget where I left off. I'm on Firefox. Bookmarking doesn't always help me mark where I left off. Any solutions besides just leaving the stupid thing on?

Occasionally I am reading a long article, and don't have time to finish it. Probably not a good solution, but the only thing I have come up with is to highlight a sentence or phrase from the article, then save it to a text file with the name of the article.

As I bookmark the article in my temp folder, I look for the .txt file with the name of the article, and use it to search the page for my place.

It is much easier to mark my place coding than reading an online article. In my PHP code I just put a "#Stopped Here" just before the line of code, or function.

Mean Scenester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mean Scenester » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:23 am

http://pdfcrowd.com/save-as-pdf-addon/

Haven't used it myself, but it's free and gets decent marks.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:07 am

Mean Scenester wrote:http://pdfcrowd.com/save-as-pdf-addon/

Haven't used it myself, but it's free and gets decent marks.

Or more simply,

⌘+p
PDF -> Save as PDF...

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Sandi wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:I hope I'm not the only one with this problem:

Occasionally I am reading a long article, and don't have time to finish it. Probably not a good solution, but the only thing I have come up with is to highlight a sentence or phrase from the article, then save it to a text file with the name of the article.

As I bookmark the article in my temp folder, I look for the .txt file with the name of the article, and use it to search the page for my place.

It is much easier to mark my place coding than reading an online article. In my PHP code I just put a "#Stopped Here" just before the line of code, or function.

OK - wtf is the stacky replies I get lately?
"follow this"
Then receive a message 'like normal'.
Don't get me started about the 'stacky' state of webmail today I have to deal with, but did not ask for.
It seems that some shitheads behind the curtain - be wildly trying to pull the curtain back round to their comfort zone.
Me no like,
WE should not like.
Perhaps I am being hyper critical around necessary ground fire.

p.s. - I have been thinking about that "wizard" of OZ lately.

Gibe

Postby Gibe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Checkout Evernote - https://evernote.com/

I use the webclipper all of the time to read sites later. The nicest part is you can tag, organize and search for them later.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”