Domestic terrorism

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Domestic terrorism

Postby kurt_w » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 am

Nevada:

Missouri:

and Texas:

A Houston-area man characterized as a "Lone Wolf" plotted to kill police, rob armored cars and blow up government buildings, contend federal authorities who arrested him on the way to an alleged attack. [... more ...]

Some people need to cool down their rhetoric. It's all fun and games until the next psycho bombs a daycare center or shoots up a Unitarian church.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Domestic terrorism

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:20 am

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:28 am

Nice. A white supremacist murders a boy and his grandfather outside a Jewish community center, forcing a lockdown and terrorizing the families inside. He then moves to a predominantly Jewish retirement home, where he guns down a woman in the parking lot.

And to Flanders it's ... a great excuse for a Blues Brothers joke.

Nice, Flanders. Good one.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:40 am

Kurt's worried about a gnat when there's an elephant in the room. :crazy:

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Kurt's worried about a gnat when there's an elephant in the room.

Says the person who was calling for the head of a woman who sent a threatening letter to Walker, yet when a person actually kills people, it's nothing.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:45 am

To Ned, anyone not a Muslim is also not a terrorist. Instead he probably would label them American patriots who are part of the unorganized militia.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:50 am

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:56 am

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 am

Right. Tell the families of the people gunned down in Kansas City that the White Patriot Party dude who killed their loved ones was "just a gnat".

And I'm baffled as to how and why the fact that some other people are terrorists is supposed to excuse guys like Frazier Glenn Cross.

I'd prefer to have neither Islamist extremists nor right-wing Klan/militia types running amok, thank you.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am

kurt_w wrote:I'd prefer to have neither Islamist extremists nor right-wing Klan/militia types running amok, thank you.

Agreed. But the worldwide Islamofacism movement is the most serious problem the civilized world is facing: the death, the mayhem, the destruction, the abuse, the erosion of rights in the name of "safety", the financial bleeding of the West.

And needing to explain this to you just proves how myopic, provincial and clueless you are.
Last edited by Ned Flanders on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:34 am

Still making excuses for domestic terrorists, eh?

You don't need to tell me anything about Islam. Unlike you I've actually worked in the Mideast and Central Asia. And in case you didn't notice, I'm the one who posted the comment about Boko Haram that you yourself linked to just up-thread.

But it's possible to walk and chew gum at the same time. We can fight both Islamist terrorism and domestic right-wing terrorism. It's not a "choose A or B" situation.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:41 am

For that matter, it's worth noting that conservative Islamist terrorists and right-wing Klan/Patriot terrorists generally have more than a few things in common.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:44 am

It's an easy distraction, though. The gradations between garden-variety right wing thinking and right wing terrorism are extremely fine, and instead of trying to draw the line between acceptable and not acceptable, it's far easier to go "look over there!"

Drawing the fine line might mean ruling some of your own allies out of bounds, and we can't have THAT, can we? I mean, actually making uncomfortable moral judgments?

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 am

Henry Vilas wrote:To Ned, anyone not a Muslim is also not a terrorist. Instead he probably would label them American patriots who are part of the unorganized militia.

Henry, aren't you an American patriot and part of the unorganized militia? You say it like it's a bad thing.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 am

That's your claim, not mine.

Return to “Headlines”