German Art Students, Harris Lemberg, Arkoffs HNS 3/25

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

German Art Students, Harris Lemberg, Arkoffs HNS 3/25

Postby minicat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 am

The New World Horror Movie Fundraiser

with German Art Students, Harris Lemberg and The Arkoffs
Master of Ceremonies Joe Price (Garage Spore)
cast & crew of the Wisconsin film production
5 pm, 3/25
High Noon Saloon

The event will support The New World Horror Indigogo campaign which launches March 14. Come see the public screening of the teaser trailer, listen to some great tunes and learn how you could, among other perks, earn a spot as a zombie in the film! Tickets are $6, available at the door.

About The New World Horror
The New World Horror is full-length Wisconsin-based take on the zombie genre being shot summer 2014. With a nostalgic feel and respect towards cinematic details, it will tell the story of eight strangers who find life turned upside down when a group of Tea Party protesters release a demonic virus from hell. It's Night of the Living Dead-meets-Evil Dead as the survivors band together to fend off the approaching End Times. A host of local actors and artists lend their talent to the film, including Dana Pellebon (Madison Performance Collective), Jennifer A. Grundy (Quasimondo Physical Theatre Co., Chamber Theater), Steve Golla (The Amateur Monster Movie, Snowflakes), Greg Johnson (Mediatrix, Hole in the Wall), Tawnie Thompson (Don't Go to the Reunion), Carmela Weise (Incest Death Squad), Joe Price and Harris Lemberg, with art direction by Fernanda Loaiza-Renfro. The New World Horror is directed by Adam Schabow (Blogging Blue, Rants Without Pants, Dane101) with Director of Photography Steven Renfro, and produced through Laundry Basket Movies and Amateur Space Invader.

http://www.thenewworldhorror.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TheNewWorldHorror

GAS
The quartet of Randy Ballwahn, Annelies Howell, Andy Larson and Kirk Wall has been together as the German Art Students for 12 years. How in the heck does a band stay together that long? "We've always kept what we're doing fun," says Larson, "and I know that none of us would be involved if that wasn't the case." A decade is a long time in life (and in rock and roll) and that kind of commitment means taking time to strike a balance in your life. Somehow the GAS have outlasted all of their contemporaries and are still going strong.
http://germanartstudents.com

Arkoffz
The Arkoffs occasionally appear on local stages, where they do some guitar feedbackin' and yellin', some saxophone improvisin' and some beer poundin'. Then they usually mysteriously trap door from the venue, melting away into the Madison night like the Phantom of the Park and/or Paul Williams. Schabow used to be in The Arkoffs. Right now you may be thinking blackmail led to the notoriously reclusive garage band appearing on this bill, but think about it: who is getting blackmailed here? Wait ... could it be YOU?!
http://www.notontheinternetmotherfuckers.suckit

Harrisimo
Jazz pianist, songwriter and entertainer Harris Lemberg (Harrissimo), has been a fixture on the
Madison music scene since 1970 as both a sideman and a bandleader. His album, "Lost In My Own Little World", won the 2008 Madison Music Award (MAMA) for best jazz album. For the past 10 years, he has been the organist for the Madison Mallards baseball team and is considered the foremost baseball organist in the country. As an actor, he has appeared in StageQ productions and short films by director Tim Consequence. You can learn more about his work at his website, http://harrissimo.com.

Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Re: German Art Students, Harris Lemberg, Arkoffs HNS 3/25

Postby Schabow » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Yes...this is a fundraiser for a horror movie we are making. We'll be premiering the teaser trailer for the movie on the screen at The High Noon.

Hope you can make it down...

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:09 pm

I think I saw the German Art Students open for Three Dog Night. But apparently they are alive and well.

http://video.wpt.org/video/2168503189

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 pm

SCHABOW ALERT

The Arkoffs are just like Three Dog Night, so you should come to this show, Huck.

ANY RESEMBLANCE TO THREE DOG NIGHT COMPLETELY ILLUSIONARY

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 pm

I saw the GAS several times, really liked them, but it seems like forever ago.

I heard an interview with the lead singer of Three Dog Night on Howard Stern radio show. After every show, it was somebody's job to bring an attractive admirer into his hotel room. After he had sex with the lucky girl, he would immediately get up and exit through a door into an adjoining suite (they always booked rooms that way.) Then it was somebody else's job to enter the room, get the girl dressed and the hell out of there. (Apparently no cuddling time.) The singer wasn't proud of his behavior.

Sorry for the thread jack, I felt the need to share.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 am

Yup, exactly like The Arkoffs.

Arkoffs is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

b/w

ADAM SCHABOW WAS A BULLFROG
TERRIBLE FRIEND OF MINE

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Well I never been to Schabow
But I kinda like the music

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I always heard "Eli's coming, hide your hocker"

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 am

Dear GAS,

Sorry in advance for what we are about to do (sing all the SONGS WRITTEN BY SCHABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW),

Sincerely,
The Arkoffs

Return to “Hype Exchange”