Kramer asked to resign leadership

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Kramer asked to resign leadership

Postby Shorty » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:41 pm

The Republican assembly leader is being asked to quit his leadership post because of sexual harassment accusations. But they aren't asking him to quit the assembly. Republicans think it's ok to commit sexual harassment, you just can't be a leader.

State Assembly leader asked to resign amid sexual harassment accusations
Kramer allegedly harassed multiple women at a meeting in Washington, D.C.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/politic ... index.html

"The Republican majority leader in the state Assembly has been asked to resign his post because of allegations that he sexually harassed multiple women at a meeting in Washington, two Republicans with direct knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Saturday. Rep. Bill Kramer, of Waukesha, was elected by Republican Assembly members as majority leader in September."

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Kramer asked to resign leadership

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Kramer might even resign from the Assembly. Being from Waukesha, I assume his seat is safe for the GOP.

Wino
Forum Addict

Postby Wino » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:44 am

get rid of the creep asap.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Kramer is an embarrassment to Wisconsin's GOP. He went to some unnamed "treatment" after mutiple instances of sexual harassment and was kicked out of his leadership role. With only a few days left in the legislative session, the Republican caucus appoints a woman as a p.r. move.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

He's lost the kavorka, he must go.

Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Lily » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Kramer is an embarrassment to Wisconsin's GOP. He went to some unnamed "treatment" after multiple instances of sexual harassment and was kicked out of his leadership role. With only a few days left in the legislative session, the Republican caucus appoints a woman as a p.r. move.

GOP was made aware that Kramer had a prior history of stupid. They made him "leader" anyway. Stupid is as stupid does.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Apparently, Kramer has a prior history of some other things as well:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... d7928.html

So the GOP KNEW as early as May 2011 that this creep assaulted one of their own female staffers and they didn't say a word until the victim became brave enough to come forward.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:55 pm

The charges against Kramer are getting national press.

According to the criminal complaint, the woman told police earlier this month that Kramer shoved her against her car outside the mixer, tried to kiss her and groped her breasts. He also assaulted her in her car, telling her he wanted to have sex with her, kissing her and groping her, the woman said.

The complaint said Kramer gave different answers about the incident in a telephone interview with a detective this month.

He asked the detective if the woman was the same one who applied for a job in his office, said he had been friends with her and that she had made a pass at him in 2008. He acknowledged kissing her good night but denied groping her, telling the detective the woman "has very nice doctor-enhanced breasts. I am not a big fan of those. I like the real ones."

Asked if the woman ever told him to stop, he replied, "I am sure she said something about it not going any further. That is why I went home. I am sure that happened, but I don't remember it. I have been turned down a lot."

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 am

Well well well...it seems that Sen. Ron Johnson knew about this sexual assault in 2011. Did he have an affirmative duty to report it?

http://www.wkow.com/story/25168429/2014 ... nst-kramer

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:08 am

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Postby FJD » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:37 pm

david cohen wrote:Did he have an affirmative duty to report it?

From the article you linked:
At the time she spoke with Senator Johnson and his chief of staff, Tony Blando, she had already retained legal counsel, who was advising her on the matter. Senator Johnson and Mr. Blando conveyed their commitment to be 100% supportive of any actions she chose to pursue on the advice of her legal counsel - up to and including the filing of criminal charges. She requested that Senator Johnson and Mr. Blando keep the matter confidential and take no further action. Senator Johnson and Mr. Blando fully honored her request

If true, I'm guessing his legal duty to report is lifted. On the other hand as a public servant, knowing another public servant is behaving in this manner would seem to carry with it a higher (though not legally binding) duty to inform that elected official's constituents of his behavior. The fact that Johnson didn't do so is however hardly shocking.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Francis, what I was thinking was that as a Federal official, did he have any duty as a mandatory reporter...or something along those lines.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Here is the federal penal code on misprison of felony, as linked above. Don't know if any case law lets U.S. senators off the hook.

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Ron Johnson is a dumb-ass. Anybody who voted for him should merit the same title.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:37 pm

I am sure that happened, but I don't remember it. I have been turned down a lot.

In other words, "I harass women all the time".

Return to “Local Politics & Government”