Heroic Armed Citizen Stops Movie Texting With Gun

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Heroic Armed Citizen Stops Movie Texting With Gun

Postby Shorty » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 pm

I dislike those texters and smartphone users, also, but wouldn't shoot them.

http://wonkette.com/539065/heroic-armed ... GZW9FtE.01

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Heroic Armed Citizen Stops Movie Texting With Gun

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 pm

I wouldn't shoot them either. Would you Tase 'em? Use Mace on them? Maybe throw an open jar of strawberry jam at 'em? What Would Shorty Do?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:43 pm

For cell phone talkers I report them to theater staff. Throwing an open jar of strawberry jam at 'em is a good suggestion.

Texting isn't noisy so I don't see what the problem is there.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Shorty wrote:Texting isn't noisy so I don't see what the problem is there.
It's the bright light that's a distraction.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:09 pm

So much for the good guy/bad guy distinction.

Betcha some Florida jury lets the guy walk. Everybody knows if you throw popcorn at a man, he's got to kill you.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am

blast em in the ear with an air horn -- that seems about proportional.

was the shooter on the sauce or blacked out on benzos?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 am

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
Shorty wrote:Texting isn't noisy so I don't see what the problem is there.
It's the bright light that's a distraction.

someone objecting to a distracting texter therefore may be justified in briefly blasting them in the eye with a laser pointer.

laser pointers, air horns, and briefcases that hold up to 4 kilos of candy -- don't go to the movies without them.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:29 pm

This shooter was not only wrong in his response, his indignation was completely misguided.

Texting or talking on the phone during the movie should get you kicked out. But during the previews? Who gives a shit? That's when you can text and talk all you want to get it out of your system.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:33 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:This shooter was not only wrong in his response, his indignation was completely misguided.

Texting or talking on the phone during the movie should get you kicked out. But during the previews? Who gives a shit? That's when you can text and talk all you want to get it out of your system.

I was at a movie once and a couple of dumb asses thought it would be amusing to repeatedly flame up a cigarette lighter about two inches from the hair of a lady sitting in front of them. I got up and walked over to them and said "Put it away or I'll get someone." They said they weren't doing anything. I said "Bullshit, I saw you, and I doubt this lady wants her hair set on fire." (Which kind of perked up her attention to say the least, because up to that point she was unware of what was going on.) As I started back to my seat I heard them mumbling something to me, wasn't sure what, but I knew they were cussing me out. I did a 180 and walked back and said "One more word and I'll kick you out myself." They sat very quietly through the movie staring straight ahead. That's my movie story. No gun involved, or present if you're wondering.

We may not have heard the complete story, but unless there's some uncovered surprise, the guy who shot the texter was clearly in the wrong. I wonder what sort of cop he was?

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:51 pm

^ and thanks to relaxed regulations due to the NRA distorting the process via campaign donations/ads, the kids could've blown you away if they chose too. But then, who knows, it could've been their first offense, so they would've obtained much needed weapons anyway. I have to conclude that you work for the anti-NRA version f the 2nd amendment and are cleverly putting a case together for banning hand guns altogether ; )

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:47 am

jonnygothispen wrote:^ and thanks to relaxed regulations due to the NRA distorting the process via campaign donations/ads, the kids could've blown you away if they chose too. But then, who knows, it could've been their first offense, so they would've obtained much needed weapons anyway. I have to conclude that you work for the anti-NRA version f the 2nd amendment and are cleverly putting a case together for banning hand guns altogether ; )

Maryland, the site of the most recent shooting to make national news, is far from relaxed in it's regulations. In fact it flirts with a police state mentality.

http://tbo.com/list/columns-tjackson/ja ... -20140112/

Return to “Headlines”