Wisconsin Court Corruption

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
FatherTime

Wisconsin Court Corruption

Postby FatherTime » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:06 am

I just recently came across this and was wondering what Madison's opinion is on this. I have not read over all the information, but it is quite intriguing. Then again, the domain is registered to an address in Australia, which may or may not mean anything :)

There was no related post I could find here, so I thought I would start a separate thread.

http://wicourtscorrupt.com/

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wisconsin Court Corruption

Postby snoqueen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:54 am

Digging into the site a few layers, I get the feeling whoever anonymously created it has a beef regarding one particular case and one particular assistant DA:

http://wicourtscorrupt.com/corruption-r ... nvictions/

So why did you take the trouble to create a new account and post this to the forum?

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:01 pm

The request for "Madison's opinion" reminds me: why did people start naming their daughters "Madison" about 20 years ago? Until I had a few in classes last year, the only Madison I knew was a German Shepherd/St. Bernard mix.

Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:16 pm

On youtube I find there are 6 related videos.

I only got time to see parts of two of them, however I tend to agree with snoqueen. Have dr appointment but will watch them later.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Detritus wrote:The request for "Madison's opinion" reminds me: why did people start naming their daughters "Madison" about 20 years ago?
The answer to your question will come at the end of the following tirade, so bear with me.

Have any of you ever seen the absolutely dreadful film What Lies Beneath? It's a truly dire Robert Zemeckis movie starring Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer as sleepwalkers who can barely read lines from their script without making everyone around them die from boredom. (OK, that's not the real plot -- which is infinitely stupider -- but seriously, I've rarely seen actors less engaged with their material.) Anyway, the script is ludicrous on about 8 hundred million billion levels, but one example of just how lazily written it is concerns the name of a missing girl pivotal to the film's plot. The girl's name is Madison. The problem is, she's supposed to have been a young college student when she disappeared, a year or so before the events depicted in the film. The movie came out in 2000, so even if we assume the Madison girl was a mere 18 years old, that puts her birth at 1982. Who the fuck was naming their baby girl Madison in 1982? Nobody, that's who. And Wikipedia bears this out, citing the use of the name for Daryl Hannah's character in Splash as the origin of its eventual popularity. Splash wasn't released until 1984. (See, I told ya I'd answer your question, Detritus.)

This is the kind of crap you think about when watching a truly atrocious film. Now I'm angry all over again, just like I was after watching it. I WANT MY TWO HOURS BACK, ZEMECKIS!!!

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Thank you for the explanation and the rant, Wags. You truly earned the title of Professor.

I never saw Splash. Tom Hanks annoys the hell out of me, so I have an unbroken record of missing his flicks.

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Looks like it might belong to atty Joe Sommers who, if you remember him, has good reason to complain about Wisconsin Court Corruption-

http://truthinjusticefiles.blogspot.com ... n-buy.html

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Back in the hey day of Charlie's Angels some people were predicting we'd be awash in little girls named Farrah. The Farrahs would all be around 36 yrs old now. I've never met one.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:54 pm

bdog wrote:Back in the hey day of Charlie's Angels some people were predicting we'd be awash in little girls named Farrah. The Farrahs would all be around 36 yrs old now. I've never met one.

Sometime it's a middle name.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Madison is a good name for a Labrador. Farrah, I'm not sure. Maybe a Siamese cat.

All the Opals I ever met were Chihuahuas.

Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:26 pm

FatherTime wrote:I just recently came across this and was wondering what Madison's opinion is on this. I have not read over all the information, but it is quite intriguing. Then again, the domain is registered to an address in Australia, which may or may not mean anything :)

There was no related post I could find here, so I thought I would start a separate thread.

http://wicourtscorrupt.com/

I think the author is confusing incompetence with corruption in a lot of the examples and incidents cited. And it comes off a little paranoid and ranty.

But it also hits on a lot of issues that people in this city refuse to acknowledge and address. And when incompetence runs up against that kind of apathy you're probably going to end up with some corruption too, because an enterprising shark or two is bound to capitalize on the situation.

The site would be better if it trimmed away the chaff and focused on a couple of strong, direct, specific allegations.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Our last chocolate lab was named Madison and I knew plenty of Madisons growing up in Virginia. Most were male, but a few were female, and I can guarantee you that Wisconsin was not on their radar:)

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:41 am

I did look it up once- I think there are 19 states with a city named Madison, but Madison, Wi is the largest- In the years my kids were in school here I believe they encountered only one girl named Madison. I do think there was someone named Farrah on one of the reality shows they watched though.

Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Maybe you folks should start a seperate thread for people who don't give a shit about what happens in this town and would prefer to talk about baby names.

For anyone remaining, I'm curious if there was ever an official statement from the PD on the connection between the Lic Squad affiliates, the Blue Moon burglary and the Zimmerman homicide scene. Unless I missed something, that seemed to go nowhere, and the site provides a reasonably satisfying explanation for why that might be. Scary, but reasonable.

Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ninja » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 pm

peripat wrote:Looks like it might belong to atty Joe Sommers who, if you remember him, has good reason to complain about Wisconsin Court Corruption-

http://truthinjusticefiles.blogspot.com ... n-buy.html

It's him. He's not trying to hide it. He tells several first person narratives in section VI.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”