pjbogart's Holiday Gift Guide

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

pjbogart's Holiday Gift Guide

Postby pjbogart » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:42 am

This Christmas you're probably wondering what to buy those important people in your life that you know far better than I do and I've come to give you some advice on what to buy them.

Dark Souls.

Yeah, that's right, there's only one gift appropriate for everyone from nephews to grandmothers, one gift that's sure to cause them to curse your name, break their television and perhaps come after you with a dangerous weapon. That gift is "Dark Souls". You can purchase it for PS3, Xbox360 or PC, though I recommend that if you value their sanity you avoid the PC version due to the insane difficulty and awkward PC controls.

Now, I know that some of you are resistant and have a myriad of irrelevant excuses for why "Dark Souls" might be an inappropriate gift for your grandmother, in particular. "She doesn't even have a console, much less play video games" you might complain. Well, you just wind up that ole heifer leg of yours and kick her right in her crusty old cunt and tell her to get an Xbox360 ASAP if she wants to play some "Dark Souls". It isn't your fault if she's living in the dark ages.

"But why 'Dark Souls', pj? Why not GTA V?" Well, that's an interesting question, as clearly the nation seems more interested in gratuitous violence against innocent citizens, prostitution, narcotics and 17" low profile tires, but you can play GTA V all day and never run into Smough and Ornstein!

Just look at those bitches! You're telling me that you aren't eager to give them the what-for? And if Smough and Ornstein aren't enough, perhaps you might like to tangle with Artorius?

The point is, whether your gift recipient is 7 or 97, you can't possibly give them a gift more irritatingly difficult than a copy of "Dark Souls". And frankly, your teenage nephew is no more likely to finish this beast of a game than your parapalegic uncle.

And that's what makes "Dark Souls" the perfect gift. It does not discriminate. There is no easy mode. You fight, you die. A lot. It doesn't apologize or congratulate you. And if you manage to beat it, you wake up right where you started, at the beginning of the game. Because hell is repetition.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: pjbogart's Holiday Gift Guide

Postby snoqueen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 am

And there he sits so patiently
Waiting to find out what price
He has to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:24 am

pjbogart wrote: It does not discriminate. There is no easy mode. You fight, you die. A lot. It doesn't apologize or congratulate you. And if you manage to beat it, you wake up right where you started, at the beginning of the game. Because hell is repetition.

I have TDPF for that.

Gramma's getting another snuggie.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:53 am

Gift certificate to the Snuggle House.

Because I care enough to make my relatives feel creepy.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:28 am

A homemade Festivus pole.

After drinking all that Pabst during construction of the pole, the added beer muscles should make the Feats of Strength a sight to behold.

Return to “Catch All”