John Dean on Scott Walker

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

John Dean on Scott Walker

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:20 pm

From the Cap Times:

“He is so strikingly Nixonian that I cannot (turn away) out of fascination. It’s kind of like the moth to the candle, I keep an eye on him. And I am likely to see pigs flying before he’s president.”

— former Richard Nixon aide John W. Dean, on Gov. Scott Walker

Dean had lots to say about the current state of the GOP (and how his old boss would have meshed with it) in an extensive interview with Paul Fanlund.

That interview fits in neatly with Dave Zweifel’s column Friday, which noted that since they’ve gerrymandered themselves a majority, the only people Wisconsin GOP legislators need to listen to is each other.

If Walker does want to become president before pigs fly, he should show some kind of economic progress in Wisconsin. That must be why he keeps touting a “ranking” from the Philly Fed that the Philly Fed keeps saying is definitely not a ranking.

Another reason why Walker doesn't have much of a chance to be president is his post high school academic record. He's a drop out/push out from Marquette. The last time we had a president without a college degree was when Vice President Truman succeeded FDR. And Walker is certainly no Give 'em Hell Harry.

FJD
Forum God/Goddess

Re: John Dean on Scott Walker

Postby FJD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Another reason why Walker doesn't have much of a chance to be president is his post high school academic record. He's a drop out/push out from Marquette.

If Walker gets the GOP nomination, it's going to be because of his lack of a college degree, not despite it. I don't think he's worried about losing the vote of those who consider education important.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”