The Artist

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

The Artist

Postby Huckleby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:31 pm

I just saw that highly acclaimed movie from a couple years ago, "The Artist." Ya know, the silent film.

I was surprised at how dreary it was. The main character's downfall lasted through most of the film. The dancing looked fun in the previews, but there was very little in the movie.

Did anybody really love it?

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Artist

Postby Igor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:11 pm

I thought it was a good movie, but I liked Crash too, which is apparently ranked as the worst Oscar-winning movie ever. So I am probably a bad judge.

Zoti Bemba
Forum Addict

Postby Zoti Bemba » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:51 pm

I don't know about "really love" but I enjoyed the conventions and the subversion of conventions. The mystery of why he wouldn't speak pulled me through my first viewing. During my second I noticed that his poor bored trophy wife really was smarter then anyone else in the picture so I had a fun time watching her. And Uggi, of course.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Igor wrote:I thought it was a good movie, but I liked Crash too, which is apparently ranked as the worst Oscar-winning movie ever.
Is that the Holly Hunter flick or the newer one?

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 pm

fennel wrote:
Igor wrote:I thought it was a good movie, but I liked Crash too, which is apparently ranked as the worst Oscar-winning movie ever.
Is that the Holly Hunter flick or the newer one?

The newer one that one Best Picture.

Return to “Movies”