Madison Police: Are They All 00s7

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Mark Weiss

Madison Police: Are They All 00s7

Postby Mark Weiss » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 pm

So did you hear the one about the three guys who came to a gun fight, one with a beer, one with a knife and one with a sword? Well they all acted kind’a crazy and maybe more than a little drunk so the cops shot them dead on the spot. Oh wait… that’s not a joke. It’s Madison police Department procedure.

That’s right children, they shot ‘em dead. Couldn’t use their mace. Couldn’t use their clubs or tasers. Couldn’t use their experience. Couldn’t call in k-9 units. Couldn’t shoot rubber bullets or bean bag rounds. Couldn’t call for 10 or 20 or 30 additional uniforms roaring up in their cruisers to massively intimidate the poor mooks and scare them into submission. Couldn’t use their non-lethal paramilitary training. Couldn’t secure the area and simply wait till everyone got bored, hungry, needed to pee or fell asleep. If I didn’t know better I’d have to conclude that these coppers are so poorly trained and / or incompetent, that the gun is their resolution, first, last and always. Shoot to kill, write it up, grab a few donuts on the way home, kiss the wife and kids and reload for tomorrow.

Lee B

Re: Madison Police: Are They All 00s7

Postby Lee B » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:04 pm

You're barking up the wrong tree, Mark. This board used to be Heimsness' playground (aka Walter). The members won't participate in any threads that remind them of their old friend.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Lee B wrote:You're barking up the wrong tree, Mark.

When he gets his facts straight then we'll engage.

Mark Weiss wrote:Couldn’t use their clubs or tasers.

They did.

Mark Weiss wrote:Couldn’t use their experience.

They did.

Mark Weiss wrote:Couldn’t call in k-9 units.

Why would they do that?

Mark Weiss wrote:Couldn’t shoot rubber bullets or bean bag rounds.

They don't carry been bag round guns on them. This is silly.

Mark Weiss wrote:Couldn’t call for 10 or 20 or 30 additional uniforms roaring up in their cruisers to massively intimidate the poor mooks and scare them into submission.

Do you have time to radio in to these folks when someone is charging at you with a weapon.

So no, this has nothing to do with another member of this board. It has to do with an ill written and ill informed post. But alas, I've engaged regardless.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Hey, I went out and tried to find an incident in Madison involving a 3 guys with a beer and sword and a knife and didn't find anything. You want a response to an real event, provide links to said event.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:50 pm

Even the title of this thread reeks of dumbness.

Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Just a rant with no link or source. Probably not worth responding to.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm

He might have been reacting to this article but I doubt it. Couper's too level headed.

I couldn't find it in the mobile page. Sorry.

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:41 am

Mark Weiss wrote:Couldn’t call for 10 or 20 or 30 additional uniforms roaring up in their cruisers to massively intimidate the poor mooks and scare them into submission.

I could be wrong, but I swear I remember reading somewhere that Madison has at most 23 officers on duty at any one time across the city.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 am

wack wack wrote:

I could be wrong, but I swear I remember reading somewhere that Madison has at most 23 officers on duty at any one time across the city.

Sounds about right, maybe a few more, but amazingly dumbasses commiting crimes generally don't wait for your backup to show up before becoming bigger dumbasses.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”