Benghazi, Redux

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Benghazi, Redux

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Remember how the Repubs howled over the so-called Benghazi coverup? Seems that the CIA was trying to keep certain things very secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Benghazi, Redux

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Stop being so damn cryptic with your thread titles Henry!

Actually, it seems like this article confirms that a coverup did take place, so not sure why you are calling it a "so-called" coverup.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:03 pm

The State Department (i.e., Hillary Clinton) was accused of covering up by congressional partisans. Any coverup was beyond her control (and maybe even that of the president).

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Stop being so damn cryptic with your thread titles Henry!

that's not funny

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I could have named this thread Benghazi, Revisited.

But I didn't.

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Benghazi, redolent

Zoti Bemba
Forum Addict

Postby Zoti Bemba » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 pm

How very like the CIA! First a secret listening post, then a cover-up when the listening post is attacked, then they stand around innocently while everyone else gets accused of covering up (especially the haplessly up-front and open-records-to-the-world State Department! Hilarious). One would almost suspect the CIA of... I don't know... being a covert agency, or something...

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:11 pm

U.S. intelligence has picked up increased "chatter" about another attack.

US closing key Mideast embassies on security concerns

Officials said the time frame comes with the approaching end of Ramadan and the one-year anniversary of the deadly terror attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said the agency was taking the steps out of an abundance of caution.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:The State Department (i.e., Hillary Clinton) was accused of covering up by congressional partisans. Any coverup was beyond her control (and maybe even that of the president).

Not denying that possibility, though it's a very convenient excuse for the president. But it's still a cover up, and probably still worth investigating more. Not throwing a witch hunt over though, which I think is a better description of what did happen.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Francis Di Domizio wrote:Not denying that possibility, though it's a very convenient excuse for the president. But it's still a cover up, and probably still worth investigating more.
Really? I mean, really? You think we should divert collective resources to chase down Tea-Leaves conspiracy theories when we're already in legislative paralysis?

Will you next buy in to the theory that a fireworks celebration in Montréal is an affront to Divinely-Inspired Manifest Destiny? And so a conspiracy against the US?

Oy.

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:27 pm

fennel wrote:
Francis Di Domizio wrote:Not denying that possibility, though it's a very convenient excuse for the president. But it's still a cover up, and probably still worth investigating more.
Really? I mean, really? You think we should divert collective resources to chase down Tea-Leaves conspiracy theories when we're already in legislative paralysis?

Will you next buy in to the theory that a fireworks celebration in Montréal is an affront to Divinely-Inspired Manifest Destiny? And so a conspiracy against the US?

Oy.

No, I think we need to find out if the CIA is up to shit that the president isn't aware of, in a very volatile region of the world. Crazy to think we might want to keep an eye on what US agencies actually are doing I know, but I prefer that to letting them run willy nilly as they have done in the past. Sorry my desire to know what my government is doing interferes with your desire to keep your head buried in the sand.

Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Rich Schultz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:11 pm

"“Obama has positioned himself as an outsider…That’s one of the reasons why the constant campaign,” he said. “So he doesn’t appear to be governing, so he doesn’t appear to be part of Washington. So he appears to have this mysterious, powerful bunch of forces that are opposing him and stopping him from creating jobs and stopping him from giving people proper health care…but he is constantly out there fighting.”

“And he does that by constantly campaigning and never seem to be governing,” Limbaugh added.

The radio host also argued that Obama actually “likes” the multiple scandals currently haunting his administration because they “detract from the absolutely reality of what has happened to this country as a result of his policies.”"
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/30/the-limbaugh-theorem-rush-has-a-theory-on-the-secret-behind-obamas-popularity/

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I need some good, intelligent commentary on the issues of the day, I always go to The Blaze for some Rush Limbaugh quotes. He's really good at convincing you of what you already believe.

Sandi
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sandi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm

At todays Benghazi hearing of the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods, the mother and father respectively of two of the men who were killed by terrorists, testified. The Democrats on the committee walked out. They didn’t have the decency to hear to what these victims of gross negligence had to say.

During the second portion of a House Oversight and Government Reform hearing about Benghazi Thursday on Capitol Hill, the majority of Democrats on the Committee left the room and refused to listen to the testimony of Patricia Smith and Charles Woods. Ms. Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the 9/11 Benghazi attack. Charles Woods is the father of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was also killed.

The far side of the room, shown empty in the photo, belongs to the Democrats. The only Democrats who stayed were Ranking Member Elijah Cummings and Rep. Jackie Speier.

Do these people have no shame?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Sandi wrote:Do these people have no shame?

No, they don't. And trying to turn a mother's grief into political capital was so disgusting that Democrats actually refused to attend.

I'm glad that you've finally seen through their thin veneer, Sandi.

Return to “National Politics & Government”