Hockey Bar?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Lee B

Hockey Bar?

Postby Lee B » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi all.

Where are all the hockey bars in town? I asked around before the playoffs and was told Monks and Pooleys, but I felt these were more all-around sports bars and not really hockey bars.

Does one exist? If not, I have to make one happen before next year. Thank you. First time post.

Lee B

Re: Hockey Bar?

Postby Lee B » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

My job entails driving around and I see a lot of empty taverns. How much does it take in this state to open a bar in an existing establishment? Maybe I'll open my own hockey bar if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm thinking that this Hockey Bar idea did not pan out.

MPMay
Forum Addict

Postby MPMay » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Maybe the OP took a shot but it went wide?

I'm a hockey fan, but I tend to be a stay at home viewer of the Stanley Cup playoffs. At least once during the playoffs, I meet a friend at Delaney's to watch a game and eat some manly food; we did that on Monday night. But Delaney's surely is not a hockey bar, and I'm not aware of any that would meet that definition.

Back in the day, Alt n Bach's was a big Badger hockey place, but I have no idea if it still is into hockey. Same for the former Jingle's at the Coliseum, which I guess has a new name now. If you remember Lundeen's, run by former UW players and often in trouble with the City, well, if you remember, you're at least as much of an old codger as I am. It was located where Overture now sits. Some of my Badger hockey friends gather at the Badgerland bar in the Doubletree near the Kohl Center before games.

All of which is to say, I think Madtown still lacks a true hockey bar, and Lee B has yet to put the puck in the net.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:40 pm

The Copper Grid back in the day used to be a hockey bar. It was located where the Hotel Red now sits. Badger hockey players used to hang out there. You could tell who they were by the missing teeth. It's a rough sport and so were they.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”