Well it is Friday. Walker strikes again:

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Well it is Friday. Walker strikes again:

Postby Endo Rockstar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Scotty repeals a pay equity law that was instituted to protect women:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/0 ... lp00000009

WASHINGTON -- A Wisconsin law that made it easier for victims of wage discrimination to have their day in court was repealed on Thursday, after Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) quietly signed the bill.

This is one of the few times I was able to follow Scotty's train of thought (yes--it made me queasy). He felt the law was redundant to Federal Law, specifically the Equal Pay Act of 1963 (a wonderful time to be a woman in the USA btw), and was trying to streamline our State Government. Though I imagine it probably went more like this:
"Hey boys! I gotta great idea! how about we give businesses the 'tools' to pay women less then men! Talk about incentives! The business community will love this! These dumb white hicks will have their women back in the kitchen making meatloaf in no time, now if we could just give them back the right to beat their wives when the roast gets overcooked we'd live in a perfect world!"

So how specifically did he screw over the women of Wisconsin if there's a federal law to protect their wages, you ask? Because the whole point of the State Law was to allow easier court access to victims of pay discrepancy based on gender --because lets face it, getting your day in court on a federal level would take time and money most people don't have.

so like I said, its Friday in Wisconsin. I'd like to finish the week without Scott's dick in my ear, but until captain douche-nozzle is recalled, I'll drink and stew and become more resolute in my hate directed at this prick.

-Dan (its Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday) Motor

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Well it is Friday. Walker strikes again:

Postby Walter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 pm

One day we'll change that scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idS9P2OeYLU

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

You just like that guitar.

Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 am

There's nothing about that song I don't like!

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Presidential candidate Romney has been getting cozy with Walker. Mordecai Lee thinks Walker will be his VP choice! (*)

The Obama campaign wants to let everyone know where they stand:
Asked for comment on Walker’s repeal, Obama campaign spokesperson Lis Smith sends over a statement calling on Romney to take a position on repeal of this law:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plu ... _blog.html

(*) This could be a win-win! The Romney campaign gets tarnished with the extremist Walker policies, and the national focus on Walker helps the recall.
Or, the massive amounts of corporate super-pac money rushes to Walker's defense and brainwashes Americans and we set back worker's rights nationally.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:39 pm

If Walker wins the recall and then resigns to run as the GOP's vp candidate, Crazy Church Lady becomes governor (assuming she wins her recall election).

Of course, if Walker is selected by Romney (assuming again that Mitt gets the nod), he might not resign.

This could be very interesting... in a perverse sense.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Wisconsin will assist in re-electing the President by delivering it's 10 electoral votes for Mr. Obama and by providing the re-election narrative for the President via it's resident crazy tea-bagging governor Walker and it's Ayn Randian nut ball congressman Ryan.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Don't count John Doe out. Not quite yet.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolit ... 30035.html

Walker signs bill that alters MATC board's makeup
Rep. Cory Mason (D-Racine) said if the bill was truly about creating jobs, Walker would have signed it in public. He said Walker and GOP lawmakers already had harmed the Wisconsin Technical College System by cutting its state funding in the budget by $72 million over two years.

"You can't say they need to do more and be more nimble, and be the same people who cut the technical colleges," Mason said.

Lily
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Lily » Thu May 03, 2012 8:37 pm

snoqueen wrote:Don't count John Doe out. Not quite yet.

OMG Sno. I hope the JD investigators are dotting ALL their i's and crossing all their t's. It seems clear that if Walker is allowed to set up a "defense fund" he is clearly under investigation. I don't believe he didn't know about the actions of the former aides who have been indicted for his unethical re-election campaign activities. I know we are innocent until proven guilty but I've got to say Walker looks pretty guilty.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”