New Dating/Relationship Shows {2007}

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

New Dating/Relationship Shows {2007}

Postby MadMind » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:58 am

The Age Of Love
http://www.nbc.com/Age_of_Love/

So here's a new relationship show on NBC where a 30 year old man has to choose between women in their forties or women in their twenties.

I watched the premiere episode and while you'd think that the girls in their twenties would win by default, the younger set just isn't all that.

Out of anyone I think the youthful and cutesy makeup-artist Lynn is a standout. She's never been married and has no kids so she hasn't aged as much as the women who have. Yet let's be honest, I'd rather meet her when she was a good ten years younger, and I'm sure the bachelor of the show wouldn't have any objection to that either.

Men don't like women in their twenties for their immature attitudes and their shallow & materialistic goals, and men don't like women in their forties because of the baggage they bring.
If a guy could take the character and intellect of a woman in her forties and transfer it into the body of a woman in her twenties, it'd be ideal.

Confessions Of A Matchmaker
http://www.aetv.com/confessions-of-a-matchmaker/

This show is on A&E and stems from a matchmaking service in Buffalo, NY (a city with one of the highest populations of singles per capita) where the matchmaker in charge (Patti Novak) is a no-nonsense gal who 'tells it like it is'.
Last edited by MadMind on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:47 am

They should have picked a 35 year old bachelor. 30 year old skews it towards the younger women, doesn't it?

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:36 pm

Wouldn't a 30 year old be more likely to have more in common with say, another 30 year old? Does the 30 year old--like many of my friends of a similar age--want kids, say in a few years? I'd say that pretty much eliminates the 40 ladies pretty quickly....

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:58 pm

meowzamusic wrote:Does the 30 year old--like many of my friends of a similar age--want kids, say in a few years? I'd say that pretty much eliminates the 40 ladies pretty quickly....

What!?! Are you saying that 40-somethings are dried up, barren husks? Screw you, and not in the fun way.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:27 pm

The Age Of Love finale was on tonight.
The big revelation? Age does matter :shock: :!:
I didn't really watch the show beyond the first episode (because it was garbage).

Confessions Of A Matchmaker on A&E however is actually entertaining.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 am

bluethedog wrote:They should have picked a 35 year old bachelor. 30 year old skews it towards the younger women, doesn't it?

You'd think. And I was shocked that in the end, he took the 25yo "hockey dance team girl." She was cute, but, dumb as a stump.

The first show, I wrote off the 48yo, especially given his reaction when she announced her age. When he said "wow" you could tell it wasn't because she looked good, it was because he couldn't imagine himself with a woman her age.

But she made it to the final episode. Granted, there aren't a whole lot of 48 year olds that look like her, but I'd have put all my money on her to win.

Return to “TV”