Festival not-so-favorite?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Festival not-so-favorite?

Postby Paco » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:57 pm

The Bird House......i just noticed it was only 93 minutes long, seemed like 2 hours.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:31 pm

I didn't really like Everything's Gone Green - it was fine, but not as good as the rest of the films I saw. Also, I was sitting next to this guy who kept roaring with laughter - really surreal and distracting.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:47 pm

Yeah, Bird House.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:48 pm

I didn't strongly dislike anything, so in that regard I suppose man push cart was my least favorite. The major plot points were really predictable, and it seemed otherwise like an exaggerated remake of bicycle thieves. It wasn't terrible, but nothing I'd recommend.

noirguy

linda linda linda-lame lame lame

Postby noirguy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:10 am

i really wanted to like this. japanese kids forming a pop band. sounded like a lot of fun. however-all preformers in film seemed directed to be completely without energy at all times. despite some around me laughing at weak dialogue the only time i laughed was during dream sequence when shadowy figures of the ramones appeared in otherwise empty buddakan hall. film just left me tired although the theme song, when the girls finally lauched into it on stage in last few minutes, was rousing and is now lodged in my brain.

Return to “Movies”