No one can deny...

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

No one can deny...

Postby jonnygothispen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 am

... that Aaron Hernandez is well-hung now.

It's a bit hard for me to understand how someone who's rich can commit an atrocious act, and more difficult when it's a suicide (although not in this case). Apparently their life wasn't hard enough to begin with, so that they understood problems always arise no matter what your economic status is. Or maybe their ego was always too big. With all the ridiculous crap I've gone through, I can't wrap my mind around it.

They say money can't buy happiness. That's bullshit. Money can't make you choose to be happy, but it certainly can relieve a lot of pain, stress, and worry. And that tends to make a person happier.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: No one can deny...

Postby Beaver » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Story may not be over. His atty says he was going to appeal his first murder conviction.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/one-aaron- ... 11089.html

And some people think his death wasn't suicide.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-hern ... 29813.html

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 am

Let me see...
Take a thug, put him in an environment like Florida where athletes can get away with anything and his thuggish behavior is covered up, then put him in the NFL where there were plenty of people who would cover up his crimes.

Guess he thought he could get away with murder, like OJ.

Guess he thought wrong.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 am

Since Hernandez died (by his own hand) prior to his automatic appeal, a judge has vacated his conviction.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue May 09, 2017 11:05 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Since Hernandez died (by his own hand) prior to his automatic appeal, a judge has vacated his conviction.

interesting.

I think that was leaked as his motive for suicide at that time, so he could die technically an innocent man, with whatever advantages that would have for his family.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue May 09, 2017 12:58 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Since Hernandez died (by his own hand) prior to his automatic appeal, a judge has vacated his conviction.

interesting.

I think that was leaked as his motive for suicide at that time, so he could die technically an innocent man, with whatever advantages that would have for his family.

This is a horseshit ruling. In his suicide note, he told his fiancee that she would be rich.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue May 09, 2017 1:04 pm

O.J. wrote:
PaleoLiberal wrote:

interesting.

This is a horseshit ruling. In his suicide note, he told his fiancee that she would be rich.

The law is the law, even if it can be manipulated by suicide.

I doubt she will be rich. It appears AH had absolutely nothing, and if the Pats need to pay more $ to his estate, his victims will almost certainly file suit and grab every penny.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Kenneth Lay, of Enron infamy, also had his conviction overturned because he croaked before his appeal could be heard.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue May 09, 2017 1:31 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:
O.J. wrote:
PaleoLiberal wrote:
interesting.

The law is the law, even if it can be manipulated by suicide.

That doesn't make it right.

Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”