O'Reilly fired.

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: O'Reilly fired.

Postby Cadfael » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Roy wrote: Trump knows better than to commit political suicide.

:lol:

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 pm

The Right isn't hateful...

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Can't we turn hate to haute?

All it takes is U.

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:24 pm

narcoleptish wrote:Can't we turn hate to haute?

All it takes is U.

Can't we turn hate to Haight. Remember, there is no "I" in Haight.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Remember, Earth without "art" is just "Eh".

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote: Trump knows better than to commit political suicide.

:lol:

I've realized that the laughing emoji could be misinterpreted as a note that Trump does not really know better than to commit political suicide.

What I really meant is that it's funny because Trump can't commit political suicide. He could still, literally, stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody without consequence. Nothing he does, until the Republicans decide it's strategically advantageous, will affect him.

When they do decide it's time, nothing he does will stop it but until then he's got free reign, carte blanche, and a ticket to ride.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 am

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 am

What I really meant is that it's funny because Trump can't commit political suicide. He could still, literally, stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody without consequence. Nothing he does, until the Republicans decide it's strategically advantageous, will affect him.

I wonder how long it took the Russians, who are the pros in these matters, to figure out Trump cannot be blackmailed. They probably thought they had him on a tight leash.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:16 am

Ned Flanders wrote:Carlson gets the slot. He's done a great job slaying triggered libs at 8. Should be fun.

Maybe he'll bring Jon Stewart on. That did wonders for Crossfire.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

His stunning departure was addressed on “The Factor,” O’Reilly’s former show, by Dana Perino, who has been filling in for him while he had been on vacation... “He has also held his staff...”
Um, that was the problem : )

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archiv ... ed/523614/
~ approaching an African American woman whose desk was near his, referring to her as “hot chocolate,” and grunting like a “wild boar”
~ offering multiple unwanted sexual advances and lewd comments to a woman producer on his show, phoning her “when it sounded as if he was masturbating” and describing “various sexual fantasies” suggesting that she “buy a vibrator,” “engage in phone sex or a threesome with him,” and listen to “the details of his alleged sexual encounters with a cabana masseuse, airline stewardesses, and Thai sex-show workers”
~ threatening to make any woman who dared to complain about his behavior “pay so dearly that she’ll wish she’d never been born”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fallout-conti ... 35955.html

(Gretchen) Carlson marked O’Reilly’s departure Wednesday in a tweet... “The only way to end harassment is to shine a light on it,” she wrote. “Ask Congress to pass the Fairness in Arbitration Act. No more silencing women!”

Kirsten Powers, a USA Today columnist and CNN contributor, recalled an incident in which O’Reilly thanked her and Margaret Hoover, who is also now with CNN, for their “blondness” on air.

“So I went to his executive producer and I said, ‘He needs to apologize..." [The executive producer] went to Bill, came back and said, ‘No, he’s not going to apologize.’”

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Don't worry Bill, we got your back!
Diehard O'Reilly Fans Are Boycotting Fox News for Letting the Embattled Host Go
Fans have now "taken their concerns to Facebook [though] Fox News' Facebook hasn't actually addressed the issue yet," Cranston noted, before reading some of her favorites.

"Sorry, but as a [woman], I know far [too] well what the thought of dollars does to some and face it, men with cash and position will get hit, so get the facts, admit [you're] wrong, take him back, or sink into the sh*thole CNN is in. Y'all deserve each other," one respondent advised.

"I wonder if [she] really thought she is pro-women, or is she like, no, women are terrible, I know because as a woman I know there's a lot of money-grubbing people out there," "Young Turks" host Cenk Uygur wondered in response.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 pm

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum Addict

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Yes, I thought this day would never arrive. Bye Bye, Bully Bill. There really is a Gawd after all.
"Bill O’Reilly Is Forced Out at Fox News:"
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/busi ... .html?_r=0

He even gets a modest stipend to live on during his retirement.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bil ... 25-n748916

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 pm

i think i remember the time when bill o thanked hoover & k p for their blondness and wondered if i had missed something earlier in the broadcast and it was something along the lines of "how does one get a blonde to go on the roof? tell her drinks are on the house . . . " quite non-p c to be sure and which i theorised at one point in the past could be some form of reverse psychology in some cases . . . there was a time when the f n c on-air talent, such as it was, was probably at least a standard deviation or two above the united states & canadian population for the percentage of blondes and it was part of the ailes master plan somehow . . .

speaking of c n n and f n c and others -- the 4. april debate with all the french presidential candidates was very informative and entertaining, all three hours of it -- the networks could learn something about doing a debate with a clown car full of candidates* . . . i for one still think the dividing the republican debated into two levels was the effort, such as it was, of these network people to impact outcome, just as was the derelictiion of duty and worse of the 70 per cent of the polling organisations who wanted to make an h r c victory seem inevitable and/or get some bread under the table after the election, and in so doing lulled just enough of her campaign people to sleep to lead to the final outcome . . .

---
* actually of all of the atlanta, n y c , and washington d c bureaux of both networks, the ones i know off the top of my head for certain have knowledge of the language are powers and c romans who is now on early in the mornings . . . maybe a camerota too i i r c . . . all c n n folks now too -- & they have foreign offices whereas f n c still apparently does not, so maybe f n c should stick to coming up with specials for the next several bill o books, all named "fucking _____" or something similar . . .

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 pm

I bet Russian cryptographers are all over that post. Google Translate couldn't make much of it. Neither could I. The weird thing is, all lower-case has got to make the encryption algorithm weaker, so what's up with that?

Return to “Headlines”