Legal marijuana in Wisconsin?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Legal marijuana in Wisconsin?

Postby Gentle Man » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:12 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:Is every obeservation a "personal scapegoat" to you, or just the ones you disagree with?

Hey, I've made two observations, Jonny:

1) You're an idiot
2) I've wasted too much time on you

Only one of these things is going to change. Take a guess which one.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:35 pm

^ Dman flexing his intellect :)

Translation: I cannot explain away my obvious contradictions, so I'll insult someone.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:45 pm

FOX is a propaganda machine. I have no interest in the Jonny v. Gman squabble, but anyone who believes Fox is a credible news source has zero credibility. Shut up. Go away. The adults who live in the real world are talking.

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:57 pm

gargantua wrote:FOX is a propaganda machine. I have no interest in the Jonny v. Gman squabble, but anyone who believes Fox is a credible news source has zero credibility. Shut up. Go away. The adults who live in the real world are talking.

All American "news organizations" have become propaganda machines, Fox really is no different from any other. I have seen absolute bullshit broadcast on every network. Not sure what is being taught in schools these days, but certainly journalism students don't seem to be taught the difference of between a news story and an editorial.

Personally I get more news, including coverage of US events, from the BBC than from any American news agency, because it has much better world-wide coverage and it has somewhat more objective reporting of the news.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:00 pm

I agree that the BBC does a superior job.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 pm

http://www.imfromdenver.com/the-worlds- ... -colorado/
"The Worlds First Marijuana Mall Opened in Colorado"

If I combined all the pot I've smoked in the last 34 years, it'd be about 2 joints. But I support this stuff.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Gentle Man wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:Is every obeservation a "personal scapegoat" to you, or just the ones you disagree with?

Hey, I've made two observations, Jonny:

And what was the other one please?

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:41 pm

The sad thing-- AND the funny thing: even that is more penis than your vagina can handle.

Hey I spotted your car the other day.
Attachments
Jonny.jpg
Jonny.jpg (6.04 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:47 am

^ Poor fella. :)

Gentle Man
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gentle Man » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:42 am

Do you know why I decided to not waste any more time with you Jonny? It's because you are so far into the wackosphere that other gun control advocates realize they would only embarrass themselves if they subscribed to your psychosis-driven babble. And from what I've seen, I don't think this is only limited to the topic of guns. Give me one good reason why I should bother to respond to something, when it doesn't even begin to sound plausible to my opponents. Compared to you, the rest of Madison is 77 square miles of surrounding reality. The only person that you've ever convinced of anything is yourself. The only person who finds you amusing, is yourself. To everyone else, you're irrelevant. Go ahead, make your attempts at insults. They're meaningless. Someday people will just sit back and have a laugh remembering your goofy and asinine remarks. That day begins today. Have a nice crazy life inside your head.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:10 am

Take it somewhere else please!

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:49 pm

jman111 wrote:
snoqueen wrote:The Monona law might essentially legalize the back yard grower who puts a few plants among the squash and tomatoes.

Not likely. Plants are usually considered for their potential to create finished product. I've seen charges for possession of 1lb/plant, even if the plants are only little sprouts. I suspect an overzealous prosecutor may charge similarly for individual seeds.

the plants themselves are listed in the controlled substances act 1970, schedule i in this case, just as schedule ii contains all parts of the opium poppy save the seeds and a number of plants of the erythroxylum genus as the latter are the source of bolivian marching powder. by the way, the latter can grow other places than north-western south america and could probably be cultivated in parts of the united states and continental europe as well as southern africa and much of asia as well as australia -- at one point in the early xx. century the area now known as indonesia produced something like 30 per cent of the world total, presumably in a lot of cases on flat land close to sea level, and there was small-scale production in parts of australia, india, and the island now known as sri lanka on and off over the last 150 years.

a different flower, papaver bracteatum lindley 1847 does in fact make phenathrene alkaloids like the big m and it is loaded with codeine as well. jános kábáy himself may have worked with them in the 1920s, and pharmaceutical firms in croatia and elsewhere have used them exactly for this purpose.

in the past did not federal taxpayers' money go into determining the exact colour range of cannabis plants and how they look to microwave, infrared, and ultraviolet imaging so they could use aeroplanes, helicopters, and space-based platforms to find plants. i assume they've done the same for other controversial plants.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:27 pm

HawkHead wrote:Take it somewhere else please!

If you don't like what is posted, perhaps you should stop following this thread.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:26 pm

The marijuana issue is one of the main reasons I've lost so much respect for the Democratic Party and it's affiliated state/local parties in the last couple decades. I can understand why most Republicans support keeping the herb illegal...they actually beleive that reefer madness nonsense and in their eyes it is too dangerous to be allowed. Don't agree with 'em, but can understand their POV.

But those who belong to the Democratic Party of the United States, and it's affiliated state/local parties, should know better. A lot of 'em (both party members and supporters) have toked themselves, or is at least "420-friendly". Heck...even our current President admits to smoking it, yet he (and the majority of his political party) still supports the marijuana is more dangerous than cocaine policy which is the driving force in our War on Drugs. Spin it however ya wanna (and a lot of my leftie pals have), but that's fuckin' bullshit. It touches so many different parts of our society...(gun violence, overstocked prisons, property seizure laws, militarization of police)...yet so few people on the left are willing to even take it into consideration when casting their vote.

So yeah...it's nice to see ya'll talking about this. Hemmed&hawed about saying anything at all 'cause surely don't wanna discourage the convo. But if you really actually do give a shit about the issue then at the very least you hafta stop voting for politicians that want to put pot-smokers in a cage.

Is that really too much to ask?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:04 pm

It's not too much to ask if you're a one-issue voter. I'm not disagreeing that the Democrats have been wrong in the way they've handled this issue. Years ago they got burned by the "soft on crime" issue, and unfortunately still haven't gotten past it.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”