Somebody's closing in on 10,000 posts...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Somebody's closing in on 10,000 posts...

Postby kurt_w » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 pm

... and it's snoqueen!

9979 posts down, twenty one to go until the big 10K. And if there were some way of measuring quality of posts rather than quantity, sno would be leading on that score too.

The foron class of 2003 isn't all that numerous; and sno has more posts than the next two of us (pj and me) combined.

Only four other forons have hit 10K (Henry, Ned, Jason, and Chuck).

After snoqueen there's a bit of a gap. Next on the list are Wagstaff and TBP (and blunt), in the low 8000s.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Somebody's closing in on 10,000 posts...

Postby gargantua » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:17 pm

I have to second the props for quality. I remember hitting 3000, thought to crow about it, only to realize that it would be post 3001. So, make 10,000 special, like the previous 9,999.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:44 am

Damn, I had no idea my count was that high. I'm not sure I ever looked at it before.

It's a combination of forum longevity along with the fact you guys make it worthwhile: a bunch of generally funny, smart, well-informed people who bring good ideas to the table and who do not suffer fools gladly.

And we can all agree: a foron is only as good as their (his? her?) last post.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:09 am

Bah... if I had half the intelligence and fluid writing skill of Sno, I'd be at 15000 by now. My level of senseless vacuity takes effort and if you factor in my boorishness, tendency towards intoxication and legendary stubbornness, I've got at least 8000 posts under my belt.

Maybe I just erased all my good ones...

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 am

You have no idea how many I erase, and how many times I edit the dumb things before I leave them alone. There's not a lot of fluidity in the process -- I can be ridiculously picky.

I think the difference is I don't have a TV.

Incidentally, I think you and Marvell are the only ones who have managed to create themselves as a character with an independent narrative on the Forum. Marvell had his short story going for a while, and you had your ongoing tale of excess. I'm not suggesting other people try it -- it takes some skill, and without that skill the results could be really, really bad. But both of you pulled it off rather well.

--
Edited four times and counting

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Sno, it's up to you with your pile of money and cocaine to buy some better politicians. A good start would be replacing Walker and Johnson.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:20 pm

I would if I could. I just read this article about how much damage -- fiscal and in terms of Wisconsin's business reputation with international corporations -- and I am more pissed than ever.

[url]progressive.org/scott-walker-totalitarian-tendencies[/url]

If you don't like the Progressive, just hold your nose and go there to see what Lester Pines has to say, and how the governor screwed up a perfectly good business relationship with a good company, and how our neighboring states are pulling way ahead of us thanks to these bad decisions.

You want to know where are Walker's jobs? There's a big part of your answer.

Why won't it make a live link tonight? You'll have to cut and paste.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 am

You apparently have to include the http:// on the front.

[url]progressive.org/scott-walker-totalitarian-tendencies[/url]

http://progressive.org/scott-walker-totalitarian-tendencies

It's a diatribe against Walker's anti-train policies.

Worse, after years of state planning and millions of dollars in preparation, Walker turned down President Barack Obama’s offer of $810 million in federal funding for higher-speed train service between Milwaukee and Madison.

Yup, he did.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”