Obamacare hiccup

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Obamacare hiccup

Postby rabble » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:48 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:But, hey, "children" as old as 26(?) will get free contraceptives under their parent's plan so it's all good.

Right?

Unless you ask yourself why "children" are getting contraceptives. Shouldn't those be reserved for adults?

Are you operating under the assumption that the only definition of "children" is "people who are not yet adult?"

Someone unaware of other definitions for that word would be known as "ignorant" in many circles.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:08 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:
Huckleby wrote:The best system for most people is to have health care access guaranteed by the government. Let Walmart and every other company have the option of sending their employees off to get subsidized health care.

Don't you mean "paid for" instead of "guaranteed"

And "other taxpayers" where you said government?

John Henry

And who has been paying for the health care of uncovered Walmart employees up to now, typically using the most expensive option--emergency treatment because they can't afford preventive treatment?

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:26 pm

rabble wrote:Are you operating under the assumption that the only definition of "children" is "people who are not yet adult?"

Not quite. I was speaking tongue in cheek though that is not a bad definition to operate under. I do take your point, though. My "children" are both in their mid-30s.

Used to be that children grew up and became self-supporting adults.

Unfortunately, Obie's economy seems to be preventing that in many cases.

The progressive mantra seems to be to keep as many people dependent as long as possible. This is nothing new and the demmies are not the only ones. It goes back to the 30s and before. We can see the inevitable results in places like Detroit or Chicago.

John Henry

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:Used to be that children grew up and became self-supporting adults.

Eyeah. That was in the eighties, about the time that the bottom eighty percent had about twenty percent of the wealth instead of about ten like they do now.

Damn that Obama.

alpuz

Postby alpuz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:33 pm

But, hey, "children" as old as 26(?) will get free contraceptives under their parent's plan so it's all good.

Right?

Unless you ask yourself why "children" are getting contraceptives. Shouldn't those be reserved for adults?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

What does this mean, JH? Could you elaborate a bit?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Real Americans do not have sex until they are 27.

alpuz

Postby alpuz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:13 pm

snoqueen wrote:Real Americans do not have sex until they are 27.

Not unless we're loosely draped in a flag holding a bible that is.

I honestly don't understand Mr. Henry's point on this one. What's 'free'?

Edit: Loosely draped sounds so much more sexy, and fitting.
Last edited by alpuz on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpuz

Postby alpuz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:33 pm

"Used to be that children grew up and became self-supporting adults.

Unfortunately, Obie's economy seems to be preventing that in many cases. "

When? Back in the good ole days?

Obie? Dave Obey? He's on the sidelines now, JH.. we have the honor of hosting a Real World log-roller in his place. You know, the guy who married bug-eyed Rachael and can't get by on his 6 figure salary plus cadillac benies. A guy that will be forever known as 'that guy.'

How's the House handling the purse strings, JH? Proper? Like the good ole days when 'children grew up and became self-supporting adults.'?

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 am

alpuz wrote:I honestly don't understand Mr. Henry's point on this one. What's 'free'?

Mr. Henry's only point is to disagree with whatever point you make, and blame Obama for it.

Oh, and the government is now forcing private business to cut employees and reduce hours. Businesses have no choice in making their own decisions, their decisions are being dictated by Obama on high. He seems to believe this, too.

johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 am

alpuz wrote:John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

What does this mean, JH? Could you elaborate a bit?

What's to elaborate? Seems fairly straightforward. My Name is John Henry, Johnfajardohenry@gmail.com is an email address, no idea why I am a God/Goddess (perhaps someone can explain how this is determined.) I've posted 796 times and been a member since 2012.

What else do you want to know?

John Henry

Return to “National Politics & Government”