Sprecher Hard Root Beer

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sprecher Hard Root Beer

Postby pjbogart » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm

I picked up a four pack of Sprecher's hard root beer out of curiosity, not having seen this thread. I totally agree that it didn't jump out of the bottle and give me a handjob, which apparently you guys were expecting. It tastes like root beer, but it's got alcohol in it. No, I would not get drunk on this stuff because it's super sweet and would likely give me a nasty hangover. One and done, but not because it didn't taste good.

Igor wrote:Regular or diet root beer. Whipped cream vodka. Try it. Seriously.

Christ almighty. Yeah I will. Right after my freakin' dick falls off and I win a year's supply of grape flavored cigars.

I'm not sure why it bugs me because I don't ever drink any hard liquor, mixed or straight, but flavored vodkas irk me. I just can't imagine standing in a liquor store and buying a bottle of chocolate cake flavored vodka. The man in me just says that there's something horribly wrong with that picture.

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

pjbogart wrote:
Igor wrote:Regular or diet root beer. Whipped cream vodka. Try it. Seriously.

Christ almighty. Yeah I will. Right after my freakin' dick falls off and I win a year's supply of grape flavored cigars.

I'm not sure why it bugs me because I don't ever drink any hard liquor, mixed or straight, but flavored vodkas irk me. I just can't imagine standing in a liquor store and buying a bottle of chocolate cake flavored vodka. The man in me just says that there's something horribly wrong with that picture.

Well then, I won't bother extolling the virtues of Fireball Whisky...

john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby john_titor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:34 pm

rrnate wrote:I'm blanking on the brewer, but I've seen and tried some "hard ginger beer" a couple times recently and can recommend that, specifically with some lime on ice. That might be a better fit for what you're looking for Titor.

I think Sprecher re-branded to something like this.

I have read a lot about “Not Your Father’s Root Beer.” In other places, they can't keep it on the shelves. I see boxes and boxes at the grocery store.

At 10% ABV, the silky, smooth and satisfying finish is unmatched in flavor. It appeals to craft beer aficionados as well as those who don’t typically drink beer but crave something unique.

The award-winning “Not Your Father’s Root Beer” achieved a 95 rating from Beer Advocate and is a very popular choice at several Chicagoland bars. Small Town’s personally delivered “Not Your Father’s Root Beer” kegs consistently sell out at taverns across the Chicago area.

I hear it goes down sneakily and the tap version pushes the upper-teens in ABV.
http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beers/

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Has anybody found an exhaustive list of ingredients?

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:53 pm

fennel wrote:Has anybody found an exhaustive list of ingredients?

Birch bark, sassafras root bark, sarsparilla root, licorice root, ginger root, eye of newt, wintergreen leaf, juniper berries, cinnamon stick, sugar, yeast.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:11 pm

john_titor wrote:I have read a lot about “Not Your Father’s Root Beer.” In other places, they can't keep it on the shelves. I see boxes and boxes at the grocery store.

I tried it and wanted to like it, but found it repulsive.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”