Politics and the racial divide

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 25611
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Politics and the racial divide

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm

A poll of African Americans showed 94% support Obama and Romney got zero (don't know who the other 6% want for president). Black voters have supported Democratic candidates for the White House in overwhelming numbers for well over 50 years.

Now this:
He's the last standing white Democrat from the Deep South in the U.S. House of Representatives, a remaining sliver of a party machine that once brokered power for the region's establishment.
If Barrow loses, every Democratic congressman from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, South Carolina and Georgia will be black. Every Republican will be white, save Rep. Tim Scott of South Carolina, who was elected in 2010 with Tea Party backing.

Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3148
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 3:14 pm

Re: Politics and the racial divide

Postby Kenneth Burns » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Rep. Jim Cooper of Nashville, my hometown, is a Democrat. Tennessee isn't the Deep South, though. He's been in office a long time. Betcha when he finally steps down, a Republican will succeed him. The Tennessee Democrats aren't looking so strong.

Return to “National Politics & Government”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests