On which network are you watching the debates?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Re: On which network are you watching the debates?

Postby Detritus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:23 pm

acereraser wrote:the LWV dropped their sponsorship in 1988

Interesting. That happens to be the last time I bothered watching one of these things.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: On which network are you watching the debates?

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 pm

bdog wrote:
Mad Howler wrote:WTF? How is it that technology jobs have been streaming off shore exponentially over the last decade or so and we ignore this fact. Obama had me with him until this point. I am considering sitting this one out unless there is some resolution in this reality deficit.

KurtW had a post on this. It is a valid point. "Advanced manufacturing" is a specific term that probably does not mean what you think it does.

Don't ask me. Kurt is the engineer.

Do not kid yourself. Information tech slipped through our hands without effort, not enough state side talent and blah blah blah. Engineers? Well, again the middle class of India exceeds the population of the United States. Biotech? Again, we have locally hosted talent that is back in place to prosper abroad. I have no solution regarding our demise other than we coldly and clinically take an evaluation of how we let "US" corporations act like they are an interested party in this Democracy. I remember a meme that I have heard over the last few years that goes something like "there is no free lunch".

Return to “National Politics & Government”