Longtime Republicans torn between party loyalty & Obamacare"

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Longtime Republicans torn between party loyalty & Obamacare"

Postby jman111 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am

at cnn
A couple of different opinions expressed. Interesting how the public employee issue is attached in the second instance.
Campbell's wife, Barbara, has diabetes and is in the final stages of breast cancer treatment. She's now on his insurance, but if he ever lost his job, his wife would be faced with trying to buy insurance on her own and would surely be rejected.
"I'm really torn," he said. "Because of Obama, I now have a wife who can get covered. But really, at heart, I'm a limited-government kind of guy."
Campbell said if the election were held today, he'd vote for Obama, but not without a lot of reservations.

Katherine Weaver, who also has diabetes, hasn't considered voting for Obama for even a minute.
"I'm born to be a Republican," she said.
Weaver, 52, knows it would be difficult if not impossible to buy insurance on her own because of her disease, but she said she's not worried because she has good insurance through her job as a public school teacher in Dallas, where she's worked for 20 years.
"It's very hard to get rid of teachers," she said. "I'm very protective of my job. I document everything I do."

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Longtime Republicans torn between party loyalty & Obamac

Postby rabble » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 am

Interesting that even though she says it's hard to get rid of teachers she apparently considers her job to be at constant risk, enough to document everything she does.

Which makes me think she considers everything she does first in light of how it will affect her job security and then in light of whether it's in the interests of the students.

Huh.

Return to “National Politics & Government”