Metcalfe's food store labor practices

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Metcalfe's food store labor practices

Postby Shorty » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 pm

I've never been a fan of Metcalfe's and reading about their labor treatment makes me think even worse of them.

http://cognidissidence.blogspot.com/201 ... alfes.html

"Workers at Metcalfe’s Market need your support. After years of stable and mutually successful labor relations, Metcalfe’s Market has hired the most anti-worker law firm in the state to attack their meat department workers who are fighting for a fair contract. These workers are proud members of the United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1473 and deserve a fair wage and benefit package. The reason for the attack is simple: GREED. The company is willing to spend unlimited amounts on union-busting lawyers to silence their workers instead of bargaining in good faith with their employees. The Company has even unilaterally implemented a 600% cost increase to employees in health insurance premiums alone!"
Last edited by Shorty on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Boycott Metcalfe's

Postby fennel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:02 pm

I live very close to a Metcalfe's and I've always found it very easy to avoid. It has an ineffable creepy factor that I can't quite put my finger on. More creepy even than the Food Whole, and that's no mean feat.

Return to “Town Vibe”