sports field watering at East High School

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Big_Sister

sports field watering at East High School

Postby Big_Sister » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I saw a large, powerful rotor style water sprinkler in use today, Tuesday 7/17/2012, at approx 3:20 PM CDT, at which time the sun was shining and the temperature was in the 95-100 range.

The place was what I'm pretty such must be a East High School athletic field, unless there's some other big such space along East Johnson between North Street and where it (Johnson) hits Packers, by Hooper. - Couldn't stop and inspect thoroughly, as I was on a bus.

With all of the drought/heat conversation, including the utterly sensible emphasis on water conservation, this particularly egregious example of Bad Behavior renders me cranky enough to go into tattle-tale mode. I hope somebody knows somebody, and somebody gets in trouble! :evil:

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: sports field watering at East High School

Postby Igor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 pm

I can speak as someone whose kids played youth sports on Madison high school athletic fields. I can assure you that in the best of years, they are so hard that they undoubtedly cause many injuries. I am sure this year will be much worse.

My guess is that they are watering in the daytime because they want their staff to be coordinating it, and paying OT at 6 AM or 10 PM would be cost prohibitive.

WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Another possible explanation is that heavy use of the field while it is totally parched will turn it into a dust bowl.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Twinner wrote:Posting a whiny memo on the interwebs proves you're a coward.

You don't say?
yes, thank you, but I already knew I was a coward

Return to “Town Vibe”