Favorite bad movie?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3041
Joined: Fri May 24, 2002 3:14 pm
Contact:

Favorite bad movie?

Postby Kenneth Burns » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm

I think about Tron a lot. Like, a lot.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 9647
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2002 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Highlander

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 6073
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby Stebben84 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Roadhouse
Last edited by Stebben84 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:24 am
Location: Revival tent of the live-wire handlers

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Dune is the perfect blend of cheesiness and grandeur.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21594
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Crossroads. The 1986 Ralph Macchio movie, not the later Britney Spears movie with the same name... please. A cheesy flick about searching for Robert Johnson's lost song. It's good-bad, but what's not to like. Steve Vai plays the devil's prodigy and even Harry Carey, Jr. has a bit part. Ry Cooder produced the music.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3672
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:33 pm
Location: Madison's Corporate Underbelly
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby rrnate » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Slugs, followed by Pieces. That guy had a knack!

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7845
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby rabble » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Tom Yum Goong! In this country, "The Protector."

Actually that may not qualify because I'm not sure it's really a bad movie. Low budget, yes.

If you manage to find it, the cameo by Jackie Chan is really one of his body doubles.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3423
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby bdog » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:36 am

Waterworld

Galoot
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby Galoot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:10 am

Howard the Duck. Sure, it's pure schlock, but I liked the original comic book so much, I couldn't help but like the movie at least a bit.

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 2:30 pm
Location: Toetown, WI
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby chainsawcurtis » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 am

Tremors is a hoot. Reba McIntyre is hot.

I, too, liked Howard the Duck a lot. Guy in a rubber duck suit? How do you go wrong with that?

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7845
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby rabble » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 pm

chainsawcurtis wrote:Tremors is a hoot. Reba McIntyre is hot.

I, too, liked Howard the Duck a lot. Guy in a rubber duck suit? How do you go wrong with that?

I call no qualify. Tremors isn't a bad movie. Howard qualifies, Tremors doesn't, although I think you can make a good case for the sequels. Which I liked anyway.

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 2:30 pm
Location: Toetown, WI
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby chainsawcurtis » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 pm

rabble wrote:
chainsawcurtis wrote:Tremors is a hoot. Reba McIntyre is hot.

I, too, liked Howard the Duck a lot. Guy in a rubber duck suit? How do you go wrong with that?

I call no qualify. Tremors isn't a bad movie. Howard qualifies, Tremors doesn't, although I think you can make a good case for the sequels. Which I liked anyway.


I guess I was just going by the premise: Man-eating underground slugs that can hear people walking around and zero in on them.

Guy in a rubber duck suit v. Guy in a rubber slug suit. Not that's a hit.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3021
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union
Contact:

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby green union terrace chair » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't understand why so many of you are listing good movies.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7845
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby rabble » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:41 pm

chainsawcurtis wrote:
rabble wrote:
chainsawcurtis wrote:Tremors is a hoot. Reba McIntyre is hot.

I, too, liked Howard the Duck a lot. Guy in a rubber duck suit? How do you go wrong with that?

I call no qualify. Tremors isn't a bad movie. Howard qualifies, Tremors doesn't, although I think you can make a good case for the sequels. Which I liked anyway.


I guess I was just going by the premise: Man-eating underground slugs that can hear people walking around and zero in on them.

Guy in a rubber duck suit v. Guy in a rubber slug suit. Not that's a hit.

I have to admit it sure sounds like a bad movie.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2664
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Favorite bad movie?

Postby Detritus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Highlander. Queen being taken as serious music, every film cliché from the hubcap rolling across the scene after a car explodes to the poorly painted lightning strikes during the "quickening." Plus, how could you beat Sean Connery as a 200-year-old Egyptian/Spanish warrior with a lisp?

Unless of course he's playing a dragon....


Return to “Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests