Ten years later...

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Ten years later...

Postby meowzamusic » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:45 pm

I haven't been on the DPF much in the past few years for a variety of reasons, some good, some better, but I realized when looking at my profile that I'm about to roll over 10 years on the forum.

I was on here and actively participating in many many forums during what I consider the heyday of this place, which was sometime about 5 or 6 years ago. The debates and information exchange on such a local level made a difference to someone like me who hadn't really lived here that long. I met a few forons out in the real world and made many acquaintances and friendships.

But the quantity (if not the quality) of discourse in this place have really hit hard times. I'm sure FB and other places have lured folks away and I'm certainly guilty of having other things that were shiny to look at in the 21st century. But I wanted to say that I appreciate how this place helped me feel more a part of the local scene and I hope things keep going, even if I'm not around much to keep up.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Ten years later...

Postby Donald » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:05 am

I've clocked almost ten years. I've noticed several ups and downs in participation through that period. I don't have as much time now to follow conversations through the day as I used to, so my participation has waned. I never did have the time to initiate many topics. I feel that I've been a freeloader on other people's topics, but I guess you do what you can do.

This used to be THE place for on-line conversation in Madison. Now it's just one of many outlets that people use.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:21 pm

You could have gotten a PhD. with the time you've wasted here.

I could have gotten about four.

L_White

Postby L_White » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:24 am

Happy tenth anniversary, then! My personal email has 2 years to go before reaching that milestone.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”