In my quest to add some action to the west-side...

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
c02
Forum Addict

Re: In my quest to add some action to the west-side...

Postby c02 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes, in fact it is just as disturbing and no less offensive. Even Russia is finally realizing it's time to bury Lenin.

Last week Mr. Medinsky launched an online survey on an official United Russia website, asking Russians if they agreed (the URL is http://www.goodbyelenin.ru). Of more than 300,000 Russians who voted, 69 percent agreed that it's time to bury Lenin.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Right Bower wrote:So I see some Mummy exhibit is coming to, or is at, the Milwaukee Public Museum.

Are Mummies as offensive as Bodies?

Did the Mummies give their consent? Are you upset at the Milwaukee Public Museum making money from the dead?

Are you upset at Egypt for making money from the dead?

Did King Tut give his consent?

My beef with the exhibit at Hilldale was that there was a good chance that at least some of those bodies were executed political prisoners who were purposely put on display as a desecration and to demonstrate the power of the regime they displeased, and our government is granting them tacit approval by allowing it and even assisting them.

For some reason, the King Tut display does not give me the same queasy feeling at the pit of my stomach.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue May 10, 2011 1:13 pm

The Hilldale bodies show is over but you can get online anatomy lessons here: http://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps/#1/1

Return to “Town Vibe”