Milwaukee Brewing Company

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Milwaukee Brewing Company

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 pm

I notice Woodman's liquor is now stocking beer from the Milwaukee Brewing Company. Seems to be an offshoot of the Milwaukee Ale House. I bought a sixer of their IPA. Good, but not great. Didn't see it listed on their website.

Anyone else tried a beer from them?

Forum God/Goddess

Re: Milwaukee Brewing Company

Postby gargantua » Tue May 11, 2010 9:15 pm

I've had most of the Milwaukee Ale House lineup at various times. I consider their beers, in each style, to be serviceable but nothing I'd go out of my way for.

A decent choice for someone fairly new to craft beer.

Re: Milwaukee Brewing Company

Postby hintzilla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:27 pm

I can't speak for their other brews, but Louie's Demise really benefits from being canned. Saw a four-pack of pint cans at Steve's in Fitchburg and picked them up before heading off to visit my parents for Father's Day and they made a sunny day on the deck even more enjoyable. I've bought it in bottled sixers a few times prior and liked it fine, but once I had it on tap at the Greenbush, I saw a lot more potential in this beer. I think the cans help this one out a lot.

I agree that there's nothing too spectacular about Milwaukee Brewing Co., but I could spend a sunny day drinking nothing but Louie's Demise and be pretty content doing it.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”