So jjoyce

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!
Goober McTuber
Forum Addict
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:08 pm

So jjoyce

Postby Goober McTuber » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I have a question regarding this story:

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... c492354fc5

I read this...

First, let's get a read on Packers fans. Their team has won 12 NFL championships, four in the Super Bowl era.


And I can only remember 3 Super Bowl wins. Care to explain?

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby green union terrace chair » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Goober McTuber wrote:I have a question regarding this story:

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... c492354fc5

I read this...

First, let's get a read on Packers fans. Their team has won 12 NFL championships, four in the Super Bowl era.


And I can only remember 3 Super Bowl wins. Care to explain?


The number in the modern NFL (old NFL + old AFL) should be three, but the total is still twelve.

Goober McTuber
Forum Addict
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:08 pm

Re: So jjoyce

Postby Goober McTuber » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 am

green union terrace chair wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I have a question regarding this story:

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/art ... c492354fc5

I read this...

First, let's get a read on Packers fans. Their team has won 12 NFL championships, four in the Super Bowl era.


And I can only remember 3 Super Bowl wins. Care to explain?


The number in the modern NFL (old NFL + old AFL) should be three, but the total is still twelve.


Thank you, Captain Obvious.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Goober McTuber wrote:Thank you, Captain Obvious.


I think the obvious answer is he made an error. Or are you looking for a secret Superbowl win?

Goober McTuber
Forum Addict
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:08 pm

Re: So jjoyce

Postby Goober McTuber » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:40 pm

green union terrace chair wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Thank you, Captain Obvious.


I think the obvious answer is he made an error. Or are you looking for a secret Superbowl win?


I think I was asking jjoyce to address the question. Perhaps he was thinking of Super Bowl appearances.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Goober McTuber wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Thank you, Captain Obvious.


I think the obvious answer is he made an error. Or are you looking for a secret Superbowl win?


I think I was asking jjoyce to address the question. Perhaps he was thinking of Super Bowl appearances.


They also had two additional appearances in the NFL Championship game where they didn't win: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_champions

Interesting to look at all those old team names. Where can I get a Chicago Staleys jersey?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 21678
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Goober McTuber wrote:I think I was asking jjoyce to address the question. Perhaps he was thinking of Super Bowl appearances.

Could be, since jjoyce is from the Twin Cities and we all know that the Vikings' record in the Super Bowl is 0 for life.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby scratch » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:25 pm

green union terrace chair wrote: Where can I get a Chicago Staleys jersey?



http://store.chicagobears.com/decatur-staleys-thermal-long-sleeve-shirt.aspx

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3023
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: Memorial Union
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm

scratch wrote:
green union terrace chair wrote: Where can I get a Chicago Staleys jersey?



http://store.chicagobears.com/decatur-staleys-thermal-long-sleeve-shirt.aspx


Ha! You are better at the google today, my friend.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 12168
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: So jjoyce

Postby jjoyce » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 am

The truth is that I effed it up. I mean, I KNOW it's three. I've seen the trophies! But I think I had the number four on my mind due to that being the number of SB appearances from both the Vikings and Packers. Of course, the Packers are 3/4 while the Vikes are 0/4.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3261
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Re: So jjoyce

Postby O.J. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:53 am

jjoyce wrote:The truth is that I effed it up.


Hmmm...maybe Jason isn't Ned Flanders, after all.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7017
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 11:28 pm
Location: At one with time and space

Re: So jjoyce

Postby Marvell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

jjoyce wrote:The truth is that I effed it up. I mean, I KNOW it's three. I've seen the trophies! But I think I had the number four on my mind due to that being the number of SB appearances from both the Vikings and Packers. Of course, the Packers are 3/4 while the Vikes are 0/4.


Well, and that if you take away the Broncos' cheap shot at Gilbert Brown's knee they'd be 4/4.

Mike Shanahan is dead to me.


Return to “Sports, Recreation & Biking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests