"The Runaways" - please help!

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
ubiquity
Forum Addict

"The Runaways" - please help!

Postby ubiquity » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 am

Well, I did it: I slept on getting tickets to the screening of The Runaways on the 28th at Sundance, which I'd promised to take my sweetheart to, and guess what? Sold out days ago.

Since then, I've been scouring the Internet high and low to see if I could come up with two tickets to the event. I went to the theater. I emailed their management. I begged and cajoled wherever I could think of.

And now I'm here, asking you: does ANYONE have two tickets to the Runaways screening that they'd be willing to part with for some amount of money that will not bankrupt me completely but will make them feel like it's fair?

Please let me know. I really blew it here and I'm hoping to save some face. I underestimated the interest in this story and in the Runaways in Madison. I shoulda known better.

Bigredhunk
Forum Addict

Re: "The Runaways" - please help!

Postby Bigredhunk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:48 pm

"Howl," which is showing at San Fran's Sundance theater, sold out before "The Runaways" did. I was surprised to see that (have been watching ticket sales from time to time). I bought tix to the Bruce Campbell flick last December, but had to sit it out here in IA due to weather.

Anyway, my take is that this sold out (as did the BC one), not because of interest in Joan Jett, but rather b/c we all want a brush with fame. It's kinda' cool to be able to have access to the director/writer/actor (whomever) of the movie. Here in the midwest, this is about as close as we get!

Good luck with your search. I'd think someone would have a conflicting commitment at some point before the 28th.

ubiquity
Forum Addict

Re: "The Runaways" - please help!

Postby ubiquity » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm

I sure hope so, because my begging elsewhere is not resulting in any kind of bites at all, and I'm desperate. Thanks for reading and responding.

Return to “Movies”