Bars w/ Wireless

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3249
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby O.J. » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm

buckyor wrote:
buckyor wrote: A night's worth of Shipyard Prelude for anyone who can tell me why (you gotta come out here to collect though).


No guesses?


Gambling?

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2032
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:08 pm
Contact:

Postby Beer Moon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:42 am

Only slightly off topic, here is a suggestion for ya, jj.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2333
Joined: Mon May 07, 2001 1:09 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM

Postby buckyor » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm

O.J. wrote:
buckyor wrote:
buckyor wrote: A night's worth of Shipyard Prelude for anyone who can tell me why (you gotta come out here to collect though).


No guesses?


Gambling?


No- or at least not insofar as wagering on the outrcome of the games is concerned.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7981
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Slightly outside of Madison
Contact:

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:47 pm

TRIVIA!

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3249
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby O.J. » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:53 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of online poker, but if you're a bookie you'd like to have wireless access to keep an eye on spreads.

buckyor
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2333
Joined: Mon May 07, 2001 1:09 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM

Postby buckyor » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Fantasy football. For real.

When I was in Arizona last fall, I went to a Scottsdale bar to watch the Packers-Vikings game. Every other table had at least one guy one a laptop. I talked to these guys at the table next to me (also Packer fans) and they were keeping track of how their fantasy teams (usually more than one) were doing. I suspect there may have been some financial reward for the winners in their leagues, though they did not say.

When I got back here, I talked to a friend of mine who is manager of one of the sports bars here in town. I didn't know they had wireless, but he told me hell yes they did, and he confirmed that sports bars all over the place are getting a wireless hookup for that very reason.

Finally, go hereto see what the guys at Football Outsiders say about what makes a great sports bar (I have a comment near the end- not about wireless). They don't specifically talk about the reason, but I think it's inherent in the discussion.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3249
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:13 am

Postby O.J. » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:19 pm

buckyor wrote:Fantasy football. For real.

When I was in Arizona last fall, I went to a Scottsdale bar to watch the Packers-Vikings game. Every other table had at least one guy one a laptop. I talked to these guys at the table next to me (also Packer fans) and they were keeping track of how their fantasy teams (usually more than one) were doing. I suspect there may have been some financial reward for the winners in their leagues, though they did not say.

When I got back here, I talked to a friend of mine who is manager of one of the sports bars here in town. I didn't know they had wireless, but he told me hell yes they did, and he confirmed that sports bars all over the place are getting a wireless hookup for that very reason.

Finally, go hereto see what the guys at Football Outsiders say about what makes a great sports bar (I have a comment near the end- not about wireless). They don't specifically talk about the reason, but I think it's inherent in the discussion.


I'm an idiot, I can't believe that didn't pop into my head. I do pretty much the same thing from the comfort of my home with the Sunday Ticket. As far as the financial rewards go, yes, they are a main driver of this behavior...I took home 2 grand in my league 2 years ago.

square
Forum Addict
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:45 pm

Postby square » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:59 pm

O.J. wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of online poker, but if you're a bookie you'd like to have wireless access to keep an eye on spreads.



I'm not a bookie, but that's exactly what I have a wireless account for.

Doctress Julia
Senior Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Wireless at Wilson's

Postby Doctress Julia » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:39 am

Hey y'all, Wilson's has wireless. i go surf there and eat fried mushrooms. The bartenders are nice, too.

mcs_madison
Forum Addict
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:46 am
Location: Downtown

Postby mcs_madison » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 am

The Shamrock has wireless...

juanton
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:24 pm
Contact:

Postby juanton » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Jade Monkey


Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests