MADISONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL (formerly known as ISTHMUSICIDE)

Who's making noise in and around Madison? What's new in the business of making music around town? Review shows and CDs here. Please keep all hype in Hype Exchange.

What are your favorite alternate names for this event?

UP FROM THE UNDERGROUND
1
6%
MADIMONIUM
6
33%
THE OTHER PARTY
2
11%
MENDOTALYMPICS
4
22%
PARK IT IN THE PARTY
4
22%
LIVE LOVE LIVE
1
6%
 
Total votes: 18

G Allen
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Your house
Contact:

Postby G Allen » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:53 pm

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view it) I'm getting hitched on the intended date for this event. If there is a change in timing, Stout Jackson would definitely be interested in participating. Our site is www.stoutjackson.com.

In the spirit of things, I think "The Big Toast" would be a good name for the event. :roll:

P-Ray
Forum Addict
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 pm
Contact:

Postby P-Ray » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:12 am

MADISONIC UPDATE: 03/30/2004

I mentioned before that I would keep accepting submissions up until the Parks Commission meeting on April 14th. I have to amend that to read, I will accept submissions until April 14th, OR until I receive submissions from 50 bands. We are up to 38 right now, so whatever comes first. Keep it coming folks.

Mr. Against
Forum Addict
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:51 pm
Location: Scoreboard Operations
Contact:

Postby Mr. Against » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:35 pm

add'l bands who should be conisidered:

Funrod
the Gammits MW
Things Fall Apart
the Raging Whore Moans

I can contact these bands for you P-Ray. I'm sure they would want to play, they are just not forons.

P-Ray
Forum Addict
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 pm
Contact:

Postby P-Ray » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:30 am

Mr. Against wrote:add'l bands who should be conisidered:

Funrod
the Gammits MW
Things Fall Apart
the Raging Whore Moans

I can contact these bands for you P-Ray. I'm sure they would want to play, they are just not forons.


Thanks Gav. Let me know when you know for sure, and I'll add them to the list. Thanks again bro.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:07 pm

It would probably be easier to make a list of who doesn't want to play.

P-Ray
Forum Addict
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 pm
Contact:

Postby P-Ray » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:26 pm

blunt wrote:It would probably be easier to make a list of who doesn't want to play.


The list is fast approaching 50 submissions. Almost time to shut 'er down. By the way, you and I should talk soon. Got plans for Saturday? If you like, you could come down to the Klinic and we could chat before the Skintones play. Whaddya think? Lemme know if you are down and I'll scribble your name on the guest list.

sunspot_mike
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:06 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Postby sunspot_mike » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:47 pm

What's the word on booze? Anyone looking into like the Great Dane or Capital Brewery to be able to sell local beer at the event?

P-Ray
Forum Addict
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 pm
Contact:

Postby P-Ray » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:02 pm

sunspot_mike wrote:What's the word on booze? Anyone looking into like the Great Dane or Capital Brewery to be able to sell local beer at the event?


The word is this: no booze. The costs and responsibilities associated with having beer at the event preclude us from even thinking about it. Insurance ($1,000,000.00!), extra porta-potties, security, etc. Yikes!
Last edited by P-Ray on Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

droidsattack
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:54 pm
Contact:

Postby droidsattack » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:35 pm

P-Ray wrote:All cleaned up my man. Why don't you go ahead and edit your post as well.


Post? What post?
Last edited by droidsattack on Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

P-Ray
Forum Addict
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 pm
Contact:

Postby P-Ray » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:38 pm

All cleaned up my man. Why don't you go ahead and edit your post as well. Thanks for the editorial input!

longstoryshort.
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:20 am
Contact:

isthmusuicide

Postby longstoryshort. » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:25 am

P-Ray - longstoryshort. would also love to take part in this tantamount event. So if you could add us to the list, we'd be much obliged.

www.longstoryshort.info

blunt
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8246
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:19 pm
Location: Right behind you.

Postby blunt » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:16 pm

P-Ray wrote:
blunt wrote:It would probably be easier to make a list of who doesn't want to play.


The list is fast approaching 50 submissions. Almost time to shut 'er down. By the way, you and I should talk soon. Got plans for Saturday? If you like, you could come down to the Klinic and we could chat before the Skintones play. Whaddya think? Lemme know if you are down and I'll scribble your name on the guest list.


Yes!
I've been needing to visit the Klinic.

Space Camper
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:49 am
Contact:

Space Camp

Postby Space Camper » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:12 pm

Please consider Space Camp for your throw down!

www.spacecampband.com

P-Ray
Forum Addict
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: isthmusuicide

Postby P-Ray » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:55 am

longstoryshort. wrote:P-Ray - longstoryshort. would also love to take part in this tantamount event. So if you could add us to the list, we'd be much obliged.

www.longstoryshort.info


Thanks. longstoryshort has been added.

Space Camper wrote:Please consider Space Camp for your throw down!

www.spacecampband.com



Thanks. Spacecamp has been added.

SIZZAW
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1862
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:24 pm
Location: Aqui
Contact:

Postby SIZZAW » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Just an update, unfortunately not a good one.

The weekend we chose (Aug 21) is filled with three weddings, and upon communicating with those parties, we have come to the conclusion that it cannot happen on that day. I am not sure if we have time to go through the process and get a date now, Pete will have specific info when he returns from a secret mission in Cancun.


Return to “Madison Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest