jeff tweedy versus the frogs

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

jeff tweedy versus the frogs

jeff tweedy
the frogs
Total votes: 9

Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:30 pm

tagevers wrote:
supaunknown wrote:We (Digibot) played with The Frogs once at O'Cayz. The crowd was packed to the gills. It was a TAG event so we got paid nothing for opening. I even lent the Frogs' bass player my amp cuz he didn't have one ( :shock: :roll: ). The Frogs, well, they were OK I guess. Not worthy of all the hype though.

I don't think this was me; I've never booked the Frogs.

Dood, I'm so sorry. It was Tom Layton (R.I.H.) that promoted that show. I confused my scumbag promoters! Kidding ... sorry again 'bout my f-up.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:09 pm

i've got the full cd. it's not as exciting as it sounds in theory. bach singing flemion songs is just not as cool as flemion singing flemion.

i think jimmy sells it sometimes at frogs shows... could be wrong about that.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby jhain » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:34 pm

sunspot_mike wrote:I'd definitely pick The Frogs over Jeff Tweedy any day of the week.

Has anyone heard the actual recordings of The Last Hard Men (Flemion's band with Jimmy Chamberlin, Sebastian Bach, and Kelley Deal) besides on the Scream soundtrack? I heard they were released but I never found them in any store.

Is this different than the Frogs album The Last Hard Men?

Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:36 pm

there is no frogs album called the last hard men.
unless they've recently renamed some demo cd.
if you've got an album called the last hard men most probably it's the jimmy, sebastian, kelley deal thing.

Forum Addict

Postby shaneface » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:50 pm

I love the Frogs' records, but the one show of theirs I saw at MoFo's was one of the worst shows I've ever been to.

Granted, I was unfamiliar with their established "schtick" of being assholes, not finishing songs, playing terribly, making questionable racial comments about people outside, and generally trying to bait the audience. But I don't think that's much of a schtick in the first place.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:35 pm

I like their records a lot but the one time I saw em at O'Cayz I thought they were really boring. Maybe being disconnected is part of their schtick but they didn't even play very well or even experiment weirdly as I'd thought they were going to do. Oh well.

Return to “Hype Exchange”