Book of Eli

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
friendofafriend

Book of Eli

Postby friendofafriend » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 pm

This is the only movie I've seen recently and I ain't recommending it. Nice visuals I guess. The mystery of the book is kinda laughable, I think I new what book it was within 15 minutes. A few typical 1 against many fight scenes that seem to appeal to a large audience. Nice to see Gary Oldman again but his role was just a typical half-mad bad guy, something he's done better a few times before already. He should branch out. The twist at the end just makes everything seem even more absurd. I like Denzel just fine but theres no acting here, its just a big, boring movie.

paulfinn31

Re: Book of Eli

Postby paulfinn31 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:20 am

Thanks for the feedback. I will still watch it. All because Denzel Washington is in it.:)

Dread Disease Versicherung

mikelangelo11

Postby mikelangelo11 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 am

Denzel carried this out without a hitch. I am never disappointed with seeing him in action. I think he is one of the best actors and brought this movie to life. The plot was quite interesting as well, for me the movie had a philosophical message that can be interpreted as spiritual yet satirical at the same time. Satirical in the way it identified the role of the bible in today's society. It also highlights the power of the spoken and written words in combination with faith in times of crisis. I definitely suggest watching it! 2 thumbs up! This film carries a certain character that is sometimes lacking in Hollywood films. It seems to be a combination of Western, action, drama etc all combined in a futuristic yet historical way. I went to watch it with a friend and we were both enthralled and inspired by Eli. A must watch for movie goers!

AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AaronTheSnob » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 am

I enjoyed the fact that, amidst all of the post-apocalyptic chaos, Mila Kunis still managed to look as if she were in some sort of weird fashion shoot, eyeliner, skinny jeans and all. What a hoot.

friendofafriend

Postby friendofafriend » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 pm

mikelangelo11 wrote: This film carries a certain character that is sometimes lacking in Hollywood films.

Which character? The quiet badass adept at taking on groups of angry men without suffering a scratch. The damsel in distress that insists on going with him. The crazy bad guy. The bad guys right hand man who seems a little sick of his shit. They were all there and they're only lacking in the good films.

Return to “Movies”