Star Cinema complaint

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Star Cinema complaint

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 am

Anyone know how to contact these folks? I tried online, and their form doesn't allow you to actually add your comment after you give them all your contact info. You type but nothing appears in the box. I tried the phone number supplied on Google, but that just gives you some general tourist information for the Madison area.
We saw District 9 there last night, great movie, but lousy theatre. It has really gone downhill. Everything was filthy...the bathrooms, the tables, the salt and napkin area, really gross. The theatre itself smelled. But the icing on the cake for me was the handicap-accessible bathroom stall...no lock on the door! I'm on crutches at the moment, and it was not fun maneuvering into a little (dirty) stall. Then coming out and finding all their automatic towel dispensers are not functioning...and there is no air dryer. Crutches with wet hands = even more fun. I was pretty disgusted. Would love to know how I can let them know, short of using snail mail.

Right Bower
Forum Addict

Re: Star Cinema complaint

Postby Right Bower » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 am

They're owned by Kerasotes now.

Here's the link to the comments page on their website:

http://www.kerasotes.com/Comments.aspx

Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:53 am

Tried it already...it doesn't let you write anything in the comments box, after they get all your info. (Seems like a way for them to get you on their mailing/spam list without actually letting you give them any feedback.)

Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby Right Bower » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:17 am

I was just able to comment. Seriously.

Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 am

I tried like five times. No dice. :-( Guess I'll try later.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 am

Firefox? Internet Exploder? Chrome? Safari? Opera? You could always complain in person. Grab one of the pimply squeaky bastards and tell him you want to speak with a manager.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:53 am

Note: You have to choose from the "Regarding" drop-down menu before the comments box is enabled. I was able to do it (Firefox and Safari).

Regarding Star Cinemas, I've never been impressed by that place. To me, it seemed dirty, even when it was new.

AaronTheSnob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby AaronTheSnob » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 pm

I was there this weekend also. I will agree that it has started to look rather decrepit over the past year or so.

The thing that got me was their new policy regarding "butter" on the popcorn. Now, instead of the counterperson putting the butter on, you do it yourself over on the condiment table. Thing is, when the counterperson did it, they would fill the bag half full, add some butter, then fill it full and add more butter on top. Now, they hand you the bag totally full and you have to put the butter on yourself, which means only the top portion gets any butter.

Very strange.

supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:52 pm

I still have them fill the bag halfway up, go add my own butter-a-like, then return to the counter to have them top it off.

My father-in-law suggested I create some sort of butter transfer tube using a straw so I could get the butter down in there if the bag were full. Seems like a good idea, but I haven't tried it yet.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm

My father-in-law suggested I create some sort of butter transfer tube using a straw so I could get the butter down in there if the bag were full. Seems like a good idea, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's no Jump To Conclusions mat but you might be on to something there. Who do I write the check to? I wanna be in on the ground floor of this butter distro device.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:59 pm

fisticuffs wrote:

It's no Jump To Conclusions mat but you might be on to something there. Who do I write the check to? I wanna be in on the ground floor of this butter distro device.

Some kind of narrow straw with holes in it, like the barrel of a machine gun. Pressurized butter delivery, but you'd have to be careful lest you blow all the popcorn out of the bag and be left with a paper bag full of melted butter.

/that's your window to weight-gain!

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Some kind of narrow straw with holes in it, like the barrel of a machine gun. Pressurized butter delivery, but you'd have to be careful lest you blow all the popcorn out of the bag and be left with a paper bag full of melted butter.

It could have a lid that prevents that. I agree though high pressure is going to be key. Maybe this isn't a popcorn bag accessory but more of an entire popcorn bowl/butter distro. Whatever it is it needs to be over priced, cleverly styled and sold only at Pottery Barn.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:12 pm

fisticuffs wrote:It could have a lid that prevents that. I agree though high pressure is going to be key. Maybe this isn't a popcorn bag accessory but more of an entire popcorn bowl/butter distro. Whatever it is it needs to be over priced, cleverly styled and sold only at Pottery Barn.

Definitely a closed, pointed tip so you don't get corn-jam in your butter barrel.

This is the best thread ever.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:22 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Some kind of narrow straw with holes in it, like the barrel of a machine gun. Pressurized butter delivery, but you'd have to be careful lest you blow all the popcorn out of the bag and be left with a paper bag full of melted butter.

I envision a flute-like contraption.

The Popcorn Piccolo?
The Butter Diple?

Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 pm

HeyZeus wrote:Note: You have to choose from the "Regarding" drop-down menu before the comments box is enabled. I was able to do it (Firefox and Safari).

Regarding Star Cinemas, I've never been impressed by that place. To me, it seemed dirty, even when it was new.

Yep, yep, followed directions to the letter...doesn't work. Maybe it senses when you aren't going to give a compliment. I use Safari.

Edit: Finally got it to work, when I adjusted my font size to a notch larger. Strange. Now we'll see if they respond.

Return to “Movies”