Taking Chance

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
toniziemer
Forum Addict

Taking Chance

Postby toniziemer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Did anybody see this Kevin Bacon movie on HBO? I liked it, but I am, admittedly, smarmy. What did y'all think?

KidCapitol
Forum Addict

Re: Taking Chance

Postby KidCapitol » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Nope.
Don't care to watch anything that in any way honors our murdering military.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Nope.

Well aren't you just better than everyone else. Way to use your entertainment choices to make a statement. An ignorant hateful statement but still. JohnnyGothPenis is that you?

KidCapitol
Forum Addict

Postby KidCapitol » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 pm

fisticuffs wrote:
Nope.

Well aren't you just better than everyone else. Way to use your entertainment choices to make a statement. An ignorant hateful statement but still. JohnnyGothPenis is that you?

What my statement is, is just words. They are not as bad as actions as killing children which is what the U.S. men and women in uniform are doing in Afghanastan (s/p) and Iraq. There really is no difference between a U.S. soldier and an arab terrorist. They both kill innocent civillians for a political cause.
Respect is something to be earned. It's not something that everyone has an automatic right to. Show respect to get respect.
Therefore, the military has yet to earn my respect.
The brainwashing of the U.S. citizens of the military is pretty amazing.
This is a country that was founded on war and it sure loves to bomb the shit out of other countries that disagree. And Americans love it!
They are not fighting and being killed for our freedoms. If they were, then they would have stormed the White House while Dumbya was still there and torn up the Patriot Act.
I guess sometimes I'm just too open minded for this country.

Nope. Never was JohnnyGothPenis.

Return to “Movies”