My Bloody Valentine 3D

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
crevice beatle
Forum Addict

My Bloody Valentine 3D

Postby crevice beatle » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm

On extremely rare occasions I will walk out of a theater and say to myself "wow, that was really bad, I'm really glad I saw it in theaters."

My Bloody Valentine 3D was no more or less of a movie then I expected - comical attempts at dramatic dialogue, horrible acting, ridiculous storyline, a variety of "pick axe to the head" murders, nudity, and a blatant focus on using 3D technology to make up for a complete lack of substance elsewhere.

I really enjoyed myself and realized I'd go see a lot more campy horror films if they were all in 3D.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: My Bloody Valentine 3D

Postby MadMind » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm

The 3D community seems to be in approval of the 3D presentation of My Bloody Valentine.
The upcoming 2009 Michael Bay produced remake of Friday The 13th should've been complimented with a 3D release!

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:42 pm

My Bloody Valentine 3D was complemented by a 3D preview for Coraline - even though the movie won't be 3D, the preview still made me interested in seeing it. Maybe more previews should be in 3D!

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:06 pm

DedeTate wrote:My Bloody Valentine 3D was complemented by a 3D preview for Coraline - even though the movie won't be 3D, the preview still made me interested in seeing it. Maybe more previews should be in 3D!

Actually, it is. "Coraline is the first stop-motion animation to be shot stereoscopically with a dual digital camera rig for digital 3-D exhibition."
crevice beatle wrote:On extremely rare occasions I will walk out of a theater and say to myself "wow, that was really bad, I'm really glad I saw it in theaters."

I really enjoyed myself and realized I'd go see a lot more campy horror films if they were all in 3D.

Then you may want to go see Final Destination: Death Trip 3D (Final Destintion 4) when it comes out August 21, 2009.

DedeTate
Forum Addict

Postby DedeTate » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 pm

I just caught the TV ad for Coraline - no mention of 3D. I wonder why not - is it because most theaters won't show it in 3D?

Return to “Movies”