Iron Man

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Wed May 14, 2008 4:21 pm

did you have a hard time deciding between using that and saying something about living in my mom's basement as a reply?

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed May 14, 2008 4:55 pm

I'm inviting you to discontinue your online antics and either come down to my home or place of work and lets discuss exactly what your problem is with me. If you want neutral ground, I'm more than happy to accomodate. email me at zacshipley@gmail.com and we'll figure this whole thing out. Heck, you can come along to the Foron night out we're planning.

Believe it or not, I don't hate you. I just don't want to see threads getting derailed when you decide I'm open for attack. Its not productive and it does you no favors, and only makes me look smarter. I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed May 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Wait a minute, here.

A long, long, time ago, the very first rock concert I ever attended, when I was 16 years old, was to see Black Sabbath play at Milwaukee's Mecca Auditorium.

Although many details of that event are lost forever to the dusts of time, I remember distinctly that one Mr. Osbourne, in no uncertain terms, asserted the following about Iron Man:

* He was turned to steel, in the great magnetic field.
* When he travelled time for the future of mankind.
* Vengeance from the grave, kills the people he once saved.
* Heavy boots of lead fills his victims full of dread.

And now, you want me to believe, that Iron Man is Robert Downy Jr. building a freaking suit????

Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Wed May 14, 2008 10:06 pm

anyone who can drop the MECCA into a story is a good man.

shipley, you're more high strung than cameron frye. you basically just challenged me to a fight - online. not only would that not bode well for you should it actually happen but it's just plain unfortunate that you let me interfere with your real life so much.

if you're offering the opportunity to 'talk it out' that's even worse.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Thu May 15, 2008 8:41 am

Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Thu May 15, 2008 10:20 am

good luck kiddo.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Mon May 19, 2008 2:39 am

I was very pleased with Iron Man. When I saw that Robert Downey had been cast as Tony Stark I realized it had great potential and this movie really delivered. Plus it had been about 10 years since I'd fallen in love with Gwyneth Paltrow (and I looked it up and yes, it was Shakespeare in Love that did it to me and that was exactly 10 years ago) so that was a great bonus for thie movie. And yes, seeing Samuel L at the end made me want to scream with joy.

Rosalind

Postby Rosalind » Sat May 24, 2008 12:00 am

How about falling in love with Robert Downey Jr. all over again? Can't say how freakin' awesome it is to see him in a movie again. Despite the stupid facial hair.

Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Sat May 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Rosalind wrote:How about falling in love with Robert Downey Jr. all over again? Can't say how freakin' awesome it is to see him in a movie again. Despite the stupid facial hair.

did you miss zodiac? my favorite movie of 2007 and rdj was great in it. he was also good in a guide to recognizing your saints, kiss kiss bang bang and good night, and good luck.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sat May 24, 2008 3:33 pm

And in A Scanner Darkly

Bucky Goldstein
Forum Addict

Postby Bucky Goldstein » Sat May 24, 2008 6:32 pm

i wanted to like it but ultimately it left me cold.

Rosalind

Postby Rosalind » Sun May 25, 2008 11:30 pm

OK, I forgot about Good Night and Good Luck. Guess I need to make time for a Recent-RDJ-filmfest. Or get out more.

Return to “Movies”