2008 Oscar Predictions

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:39 pm

lordofthecockrings wrote:You had me until that last one.
Nicole Kidman is positively skeletal.
Didn't you see Eyes Wide Shut?
Yucky.

How many years ago was that? Jeez. Talk about holding a grudge.

But I'll grant you that she's the skinniest of the bunch. Still, she's looking all right by her standards (make sure you click the pic or you'll only see Cate):

Paco wrote:BP, I'm sure you're being funny, but the 3 you mentioned are all knocked up. Don't forget the cam adds 5 pounds, and it really does.

Maybe when I said they were "radiantly pregnant," you thought I was dissembling.

You all can add Katherine Heigl and Jennifer Hudson to the "not skeletal and still pretty smokin'" list.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:41 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:If you think young girls see Hollywood actresses and think "I can be popular and rich if I look like that," why wouldn't they also think "I could be good at gymnastics/soccer/_____ if I just barf up another 10 pounds"?

Maybe because, if they're even remotely interested in gymnastics/soccer/shotput, they have coaches telling them otherwise.

Well, the gymnasts might get the barf message from their coaches. And wrestlers and jockeys, for that matter. I'll be dipped, you're right! The lean physiques elite athletes develop through training send exactly the same message as the red-carpet-ready dress forms.
Last edited by Ducatista on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sideshow Bob
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:42 pm

I'd happily help any of those skinny women become "radiantly pregnant".

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:44 pm

There's also the little difference of age.

15 yr. old gymnasts SHOULD be skinnier than 35 yr. old movie stars.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:I'd happily help any of those skinny women become "radiantly pregnant".

HEY-oh.

Please add to your lists: Amy Adams (whose film's musical numbers were mercifully put on mute in my household) and former stripper (hello!) Diablo Cody, who I think was pissed off at herself for getting emotional. Kinda funny, made her seem even more likeable.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Maybe when I said they were "radiantly pregnant," you thought I was dissembling.

In my skim-reading I skipped over that word.
Zellweger is usually skin and bones, and she always looked like she just got done sucking on a lime.

The blonde that song that musical number was hot, and not skinny. Giselle?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Paco wrote:The blonde that song that musical number was hot, and not skinny. Giselle?

I think you're thinking of Kristin Chenoweth. The one who did the big production number with the vaguely Material Girl vibe?

AndyWx80
Forum Addict

Postby AndyWx80 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:07 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
Paco wrote:The blonde that song that musical number was hot, and not skinny. Giselle?

I think you're thinking of Kristin Chenoweth. The one who did the big production number with the vaguely Material Girl vibe?

it made me miss 'pushing daisies'. but yeah, that song blows.

Return to “Movies”